Current Player Kyle Edwards

Signing him until the end of the season was really odd. It was always going to be touch and go whether he was going to be fit enough to play any part at all - and even then he'd have been far from match fit. I have a horrible suspicion we'll sign him for next season - no reflection on his talent in saying that, but a huge Groundhog day feeling!
Ah he'll be fit for the (next) playoffs, so he will!

Shame he was a good player, whether Buckingham signs him next season could be a worry.

Who ever signed that deal of should be picking up a P45 in the morning .Even on reduced terms what a waste of £ .
The narrative of continuing to sign injured players needs to change.

Who ever signed that deal of should be picking up a P45 in the morning .Even on reduced terms what a waste of £ .
The narrative of continuing to sign injured players needs to change.

The deal cost us nothing. Ipswich paid him off and all future payments were linked to appearances. His treatment from his injury was also covered by his insurance so we've just had a player on our books at absolutely no outlay but with the potential to have been able to play a game or two if he recovered in time.

Absolutely nothing to get angry about and no blame whatsoever on the club for trying to do a deal which had zero risk.

The deal cost us nothing. Ipswich paid him off and all future payments were linked to appearances. His treatment from his injury was also covered by his insurance so we've just had a player on our books at absolutely no outlay but with the potential to have been able to play a game or two if he recovered in time.

Absolutely nothing to get angry about and no blame whatsoever on the club for trying to do a deal which had zero risk.
Plus whatever people think -what reputation there is of looking after players has to be worth something

You would sack somebody even if it cost nothing?
Yes I would ,he is still costing a small monthly salary .The club isn't a holiday camp for sick players to rehabilitate.
I would be running an internal review of the sports science medical department .With the injuries we have seen and signing players that are nowhere near match fit something isn't right .

Yes I would ,he is still costing a small monthly salary .The club isn't a holiday camp for sick players to rehabilitate.
I would be running an internal review of the sports science medical department .With the injuries we have seen and signing players that are nowhere near match fit something isn't right .
He is not on a small monthly salary. He had an agreement that would have meant a small payment linked to any games, but as that is not happening he will have cost us absolutely nothing.

I'm sure the sports science team would welcome your expertise in reviewing their work too!

He is not on a small monthly salary. He had an agreement that would have meant a small payment linked to any games, but as that is not happening he will have cost us absolutely nothing.

I'm sure the sports science team would welcome your expertise in reviewing their work too!
Change sometimes brings success and a different approach & mindset.
We just ponder as a league 1 team making the same mistakes year in year out .

Signing him for the rest of the season may have been a cheap and worthwhile gamble (although it actually proved to be a waste of time and presumably club resources), signing him for next season would simply be repeating the mistakes of the recent past.

While none (?) of us are sports science experts, we have all seen the non-contact injuries that have happened this year - so I agree that ought to be at least looked at.

Certain injuries have been on the increase across the leagues it has been acknowledged-it is frustrating when at our level the squads are very small compared to the Prem e.g. but have a feeling that all footballers carry very minor/bruising etc most of the time

But it seems that he may have cost us nothing.
You may run an internal review- previously you suggested that you would sack somebody.
Not sure many people would want to work for you!

Back
Top Bottom