Current Player Kyle Edwards

Can’t say I’m overly optimistic about this.
Ipswich supporting colleague found him a frustrating player and not at all bothered he left.

Ed and Des both seem to have their heads screwed on, unlike Karl ever did.

If we're taking Edwards on with a view to signing him next season, then it presumably means both Browne and Murphy are on their way out at the end of the season.

No way could we afford to carry three injury prone wingers (again).
I'm assuming you're over 4 foot tall
Please join the queue for the Rollercoaster

I think we will definitely sign him in the summer for a couple of years.
Probably. If we don't keep Browne we will need someone to fill the 'left winger who is injured more often than not' role. :(

Let's sign players who are historically robust, rather than those with recurring injuries. It doesn't matter how talented they are (and Edwards is) if they can't get on the pitch.

Probably. If we don't keep Browne we will need someone to fill the 'left winger who is injured more often than not' role. :(

Let's sign players who are historically robust, rather than those with recurring injuries. It doesn't matter how talented they are (and Edwards is) if they can't get on the pitch.
I really can't see any logic in keeping Browne. We've been through this before with him. He gets a long lay off, comes back for a short period looks good and shows promise, so we take a gamble on him...hes good for a period, then breaks down and has a long lay off and so the cycle starts again. I know he's only 26 now, but those repeated injuries and lay offs only get more and more difficult to recuperate fully from. And then there's the fear that every time he gets any kind of knock, that it is something serious - we saw that countless times when he was playing - he'd take a knock, go down and you could almost tel from his body language that he was fearing the worst.

An absolute talent when fit who can single-handedly win us games, but the probability of seeing this with any consistency/regularity as part of a squad either in or pushing for the Championship..?

Spot on as usual ZTH!!

Back
Top Bottom