Matches kick off times moved forward

Whilst I appreciate the explanation, can't see why anyone would think that's the logical way of looking at it. How can the Saturday coming next in the calendar not be next Saturday? Very odd.

If the Saturday coming next in the calendar is next Saturday, what’s this Saturday?

To add to the fun, if you are talking about the coming Saturday on a Friday, it becomes "tomorrow", making "next Saturday" more likely to be interpreted as the one in 8 days time.

Maybe the Government could start using "next Saturday" in their descriptions for when rule changes are coming in - more opportunity for BJ to be 'misspoken'. None of them have a clue what the rules are that they are imposing anyway, so it would keep us entertained. Maybe a film could be made - Carry On Next Saturday?

Please dont refer to Boris as BJ otherwise his alledged mistresses will all think they have to give him one.

Whilst I appreciate the explanation, can't see why anyone would think that's the logical way of looking at it. How can the Saturday coming next in the calendar not be next Saturday? Very odd.

Nah, it’s this Saturday. Next Saturday is the one after that. And Saturday after next is the one after that. Simples. Not odd at all.

Today being Wednesday, you wouldn’t call tomorrow next Thursday would you?

This Saturday (sat 4th)
Next Saturday (sat 11th)

but if you said The next Saturday that is obviously the 4th!

on another note which meal is your Dinner and what time do you eat it ?

This Saturday (sat 4th)
Next Saturday (sat 11th)

Breakfast.
Elevenses.
Luncheon.
Afternoon Tea.
Dinner.
Supper.

:)

Nah, it’s this Saturday. Next Saturday is the one after that. And Saturday after next is the one after that. Simples. Not odd at all.

Today being Wednesday, you wouldn’t call tomorrow next Thursday would you?

No you'd call it tomorrow. ;)

If there was ever a thread that summed up transfer window madness, this is it!!

I hope to God that we sign someone by next Saturday week, whenever the Hell that is!!!

This Saturday (sat 4th)
Next Saturday (sat 11th)

This Saturday is actually the 3rd.
Next Saturday is the 10th. So neither is "obviously" the 4th. ???

All games in the current climate should kick off at different times throughout the day........
The first game of the day (premier league) kicks off at 6.00am on the Monday morning (like the World Cup did in Japan/South Korea), the next at 7.45am, then 9.30am, 11.15am, 1.00pm, 2.45pm, 4.30pm, 6.15pm, 8.00pm, 9.45pm and the last game kicking off at 11.30pm with all games LIVE ON TV etc etc.......
Then Tuesday, the Championship start their games at 6.00am and go through the day with the same time slots.
Wednesday, league 1, Thursday league 2, then back to the premier league again on the Friday.
All bosses at work are understanding and you have 30 minutes to get to work after the final whistle blows after your team plays.
I will get my coat.............!

Back
Top Bottom