Ex Player Josh Ruffels

All the very best and a well deserved opportunity to play in the Championship. Hope he gets the wages that will sort him out for a long time. Brilliant servant for Oxford United and an opportunity for someone to step into those shoes.

Can’t argue with the service he gave us and will not begrudge him the opportunity of the change to play higher and earn more.

Never let us down and was a proper 6/10 week on week out with the odd 9/10.

Doubtful he’d have played as much and for as long if he had proper competition but that’s a different thread.

Just wish fans across various social media would lay off the legend tag. He’s not a legend.

Last edited:
Good luck Josh. Thanks for the memories. Go and make yourself the starting left back.

The good news is that it has been done relatively early so we can get on with getting his replacement.

Can’t argue with the service he gave us and will not begrudge him the opportunity of the change to play higher and earn more.

Never met us down and was a proper 6/10 week on week out with the odd 9/10.

Doubtful he’d have played as much and for as long if he had proper competition but that’s a different thread.

Just wish fans across various social media would lay off the legend tag. He’s not a legend.
He will only become more legendary as time passes!

Wish him the best and hope he proves himself in the Championship. After 8 years and 300+ apps for the club, you can't begrudge him moving on and moving up a division. Whether he can compete in the Championship defensively I'm not 100% sure, but if he proves me wrong then I wouldn't mind that.

Best of luck Josh and I suppose this means we won't be seeing you at the Kirtlington Lamb Ale feast again ,so, I will raise a glass to you and say, thanks for the memories.

Good luck Ruffs, thanks for being such a good servant to our club, hope you make the most of a well deserved opportunity👏👏

A good servant and it was good watching him grow.

Like others, I'm not sure we'll see him playing a great deal at Championship level - I'd have been weary of keeping him on if we got promoted. But hey ho, hope he makes it.

Back
Top Bottom