Ex Player Josh Ruffels

Nope. If we go up, I imagine he may well stay. If not, I think he’ll be off.
We didn’t give him a new contract a year ago - merely optioned an extra season - and even when he publicly said that he wanted a new deal a few months back nothing happened.

Do we actually want him in the Championship if we didn’t even want to tie him down long term in League One?

Not my opinion on whether he is or isn’t good enough, nor is it a criticism of anybody. Merely an observation. What is there to suggest that we would want him to stay when we have declined tying him down for the last year?

Wre signed McNally at Christmas, how many more defenders can we possibly need?

It’s good to know that we can offload one of Atkinson and Moore without even needing to replace them.
It is astute financial and squad planning like this that we are missing.

Have you ever thought of working for the club?

Walks away whistling innocently...

I can't say if be massively disappointed if he goes. His head seemed to be looking sideways tonight so will probably be off.

• React
Reactions: ljs
Disappointed in Ruffs today. I hope it was just a bad day rather than a lack of care, but he was way off it. Hopefully we can replace him with someone decent with a bit of pace. The Ruffs/Long combo has been great but I think we do miss the raw pace of a Cadden type especially on the counter. 300+ appearances he's still a real modern day club legend whatever happens in the summer.

Disappointed in Ruffs today. I hope it was just a bad day rather than a lack of care, but he was way off it. Hopefully we can replace him with someone decent with a bit of pace. The Ruffs/Long combo has been great but I think we do miss the raw pace of a Cadden type especially on the counter. 300+ appearances he's still a real modern day club legend whatever happens in the summer.

Please, to suggest Ruffels showed a lack of care is just plain insulting.

Cheers Josh, you’ve been a good servant. Despite being poor tonight, I think you’ve done well on the whole converting to a left back.

Wish you well for your future endeavours.

I think Ruffels is a solid, mid-table League One full back. I don't mean that as a criticism - he's done very well to adjust his game and make the most of his attributes/ability. I really don't think he is good enough to play in the Championship (gets caught out too often defensively, not great on the ball, very one footed), but if there's a club interested in him and willing to pay him Championship money then good for him.

All that said - I think we can do (and probably need to do) better if we want to get out of this league.

Please, to suggest Ruffels showed a lack of care is just plain insulting.
I never said it WAS a lack of care - just that I hoped it wasn't. But you can't deny he was way below his standard today when normally he's a consistent player, and his contract situation is hanging over his head and it does make you wonder. Perhaps lack of focus would be a better term. I've been one of Ruffs' biggest supporters, even when others were slamming him as not good enough. As I said, modern day club legend whatever happens next.

I am surprised that any championship club see him as a left back good enough to threaten the starting eleven. A good pro and a good footballer but not sure he’s any better than about where he is now. Agree with the poster who said we could do with a Cadden type on the left, someone with a bit more pace.

I am surprised that any championship club see him as a left back good enough to threaten the starting eleven. A good pro and a good footballer but not sure he’s any better than about where he is now. Agree with the poster who said we could do with a Cadden type on the left, someone with a bit more pace.
I would agree although his attacking stats are pretty good this season.

Back
Top Bottom