Ex Player Josh Ruffels

I last went to Hooters in Manhattan last March, about a week before covid went mad. Just across from Madison Square Garden. Nice atmosphere, good food, excellent conversation with both the staff and some fellow diners. Had some of the best barbecue wings I’ve had in many a year, and the sweet potato fries were excellent. Had a chocolate brownie the size of my skull for afters, and three, maybe four ciders along the way. Really couldn’t fault it. Went to my first Hooters about 15 years ago and have been to probably half a dozen or so across the US. You know what you’re getting. Dependable.

The waitress had f*cking massive tits as well.

Went to Hooters in Singapore once. That was disappointing, to say the least.

I have to agree with that. Ruffs has been magnificent playing away from his natural position. If he signs great, but if he goes. Fair enough. He owes us nothing! Been a great servant.
I would think that everybody now sees left back as Ruffels natural position?
There is no way I can see any Championship club signing Ruffels as a midfield player.

This thread has turned into the football equivalent of a load of blokes who have just been dumped by their girlfriend and telling their mates "it was mutual, honest. Anyway I can do much better." (apart from the in depth reviews of Nottingham taken from TripAdvisor)
I’m trying to ignore the fact that our most conventionally good looking player could be about to walk away, on a free no less. Show some compassion. People are upset.

I hope that those saying it’s no big deal if we lose him are right, and that we replace him sufficiently not only in terms of ability but reliability. He rarely gives you more than 7/10 but it’s just as unusual that he gives you less than 6/10, and his injury record is pretty fantastic. He’s played nearly 150 games in the last three seasons, and with the exception of Cadden’s few months on loan we’ve been poor at recruiting full backs for several years. We’ve been lucky in recent seasons that we’ve had the likes of JR and SL to fall back on when things don’t work out. Need to get it right if that’s no longer the case.

I would think that everybody now sees left back as Ruffels natural position?
There is no way I can see any Championship club signing Ruffels as a midfield player.

I think if you asked Ruffs in person, he’d tell you he’s a midfielder. He’s adapted well to the left back position, and made it his own through hard work and wanting to play regular football. He maybe go as a back up player to a championship club, because I cannot see him being a starter week in week out at that level, whether it’s at left back or midfield.

Fair play to him if he goes, as he deserves it, and has been a solid consistent performer for us.

I think if you asked Ruffs in person, he’d tell you he’s a midfielder. He’s adapted well to the left back position, and made it his own through hard work and wanting to play regular football. He maybe go as a back up player to a championship club, because I cannot see him being a starter week in week out at that level, whether it’s at left back or midfield.

Fair play to him if he goes, as he deserves it, and has been a solid consistent performer for us.
If he thinks that after all this time at LB then he's delusional, and I really do not think he is.

Bumped into the Nottingham Forest Women's team at the Viccy Arms in Marston last year after a game, seemed a nice enough team, think a few of our girls were there too. Not that Ruffs would be in the women's team, but the thought of him with flowing brown locks really is quite something...

Either way, it would be sad to lose him, great servant to the club and all that. Forest seem to already be alternating two left backs - Yuri Ribeiro, who joined from Benfica in 2019 and is looking likely to return to Portugal this summer; and some geezer called Tyler Blackett who came through at Man United. If Ribeiro's move falls through Ruffs would potentially be third choice left back, and they appear to be lining up 4-2-3-1 so not too much opportunity on the left of midfield either. Equally, if Ribeiro does leave then he'd be fighting for a starting spot against this Blackett fella, I can see him being up for that if we don't go up this season.

All of you extolling the virtues of Hooters wings make me sad. Their wings are breaded crap and while some of the waitresses are nice enough to look at, there has to be better options

Nope. If we go up, I imagine he may well stay. If not, I think he’ll be off.

Back
Top Bottom