General Joey Beauchamp Cambridge match

It might be worth dropping an email or tweet to Chris Williams or Liam Potter from the media team. They are excellent and I'm sure that they'll ensure that the build up to the game and celebration of Joey are covered as much as they possibly can.
Thanks, done

@OUSP Secretary Hi, I cant make it back to the UK due to Covid restrictions, however there are a lot of us foreign based Exiles that will want to watch the celebration of Joey before the game. Can we ensure its covered on iFollow for this exceptional occasion, or transmitted on Youtube, etc?
Hi,
The Ifollow camera operator will be briefed to capture the East Stand Tributes etc before the game, so those of you overseas should be able to see everything on that stream. For technical reasons (rubbish Wi-Fi) a live YouTube stream isn't possible, but the club will capture everything and post up retrospectively. So in the UK, if you can't attend, your best bet is to listen in on Radio Oxford and then access the video on the club website later.
There will no doubt be fans around the stadium capturing and sharing parts of this on social media, we shall try to tag and share as many as possible.

For technical reasons (rubbish Wi-Fi) a live YouTube stream isn't possible
The 5G at the stadium is pretty good and would probably outperform most WiFi - perhaps someone with a 5G phone could be allowed to "Facetime" (or whatever the latest streaming craze is) the stand from the penalty spot as the teams run out?

Anyone have any ideas for the song list before ko
Other than Simply the Best, I thought Joey by Bob Dylan may go down well

I guess a lot will depend on what the family want, but if we're going for a poignant song ahead of the game then maybe something like this

@OUSP Secretary, I've had an idea for something a bit more permanent to remember Joey, would you be able to speak to the club and find out if it would be possible to have a fans' 5-a-side competition to be held at the training ground? The charity game held in Mickey Lewis' memory was a fantastic occasion, but there wasn't much we as supporters could get involved in. Joey was one of our own, and I think this may be a good way to remember him and raise some money in his memory.

My thoughts were that if the club were happy to host, it could be a yearly thing. Two competitions, one for any entrants, and a second for 'seniors' (45+ or 50+) so I could have a run around and not get humiliated by a load of 'kids' ;)

Rosie and Alan Judge ran a really good tournament at The Manor to mark it's closing, something similar would be perfect. Would something like this firstly be workable from the club point of view? I think a lot of teams would be interested in this kind of occasion.
Strange you should say that as i was also thinking of an Oxford United in the Community led 6-a-side football league, county wide if enough numbers are interested. Specifically for 40 to 60 year olds. People that havent played for years or people who have gained weight and arent that mobile perhaps. If enough people were invovled you could have leagues across the county with league winners playing in a final tournament, maybe playing for a cup named after Joey Beauchamp?

Last edited:
Hi,
The Ifollow camera operator will be briefed to capture the East Stand Tributes etc before the game, so those of you overseas should be able to see everything on that stream. For technical reasons (rubbish Wi-Fi) a live YouTube stream isn't possible, but the club will capture everything and post up retrospectively. So in the UK, if you can't attend, your best bet is to listen in on Radio Oxford and then access the video on the club website later.
There will no doubt be fans around the stadium capturing and sharing parts of this on social media, we shall try to tag and share as many as possible.

So done better than me can come up with this but a hashtag for Twitter would be good to bookmark and look back on. Would also be a way to go back to further down the line .

#joey11 maybe ?

So done better than me can come up with this but a hashtag for Twitter would be good to bookmark and look back on. Would also be a way to go back to further down the line .

#joey11 maybe ?

Should imagine #JoeyRIP or #RIPJoey will be the most likely used by people instinctively.

I like #Joey11 although, as others, have said he did play in a number of different short numbers over his time at the club.

Final points agreed with Joey's family and the club.
A minute's applause, as requested by the family, before the match.
A minute's fan-led applause on the 11th minute.
We will use the #joey11 on socials tomorrow for any matchday tribute posts, so any fans who can't get to the match can look for this #.
The Fanatics display will be amazing, and the "new" London Road will be leading some vintage singing.
There are a few other things happening that you will see on the day.

Final points agreed with Joey's family and the club.
A minute's applause, as requested by the family, before the match.
A minute's fan-led applause on the 11th minute.
We will use the #joey11 on socials tomorrow for any matchday tribute posts, so any fans who can't get to the match can look for this #.
The Fanatics display will be amazing, and the "new" London Road will be leading some vintage singing.
There are a few other things happening that you will see on the day.

Thank you for your involvement and representation. Appreciated.

For those of you watching on Ifollow, wanting to see the display, I raised the issue of pre-match adverts potentially interrupting the feed. They have been in touch with the EFL who have agreed to remove the adverts ahead of the game so that the tributes to Joey will not be interrupted.
Well done Club and EFL.

For those of you watching on Ifollow, wanting to see the display, I raised the issue of pre-match adverts potentially interrupting the feed. They have been in touch with the EFL who have agreed to remove the adverts ahead of the game so that the tributes to Joey will not be interrupted.
Well done Club and EFL.

Wow finally the EFL do a good thing

Well done Club and EFL.
And well done @OUSP Secretary

Keep up the good work.

Thank you for your involvement and representation. Appreciated.

Second that, Simon.

Also like to say well done on all things that you have achieved since launching.

Having been one of the doubters on how the supporters panel would actually work and even if it would last beyond the first month or two.

I am, as many others also will be, are very happy with the achievements so far and the continued supporter involvement on all things Oxford United.

Back
Top Bottom