General Jan transfer window

Just seen this
He can play as an attacking midfield player or left or right winger.
Born in Oxford, has played for some of the Irish age groups.
Only 21 and he doesnt appear to have been in the Reading team/ squad recently.

He can play as an attacking midfield player or left or right winger.
Born in Oxford, has played for some of the Irish age groups.
Only 21 and he doesnt appear to have been in the Reading team/ squad recently.

How quick is he though? I reckon if we had a really fast winger we would destroy alot of teams.

Some interesting rumours on that twitter handle. Eisa to leeds. Jonson clark harris to Derby. Ladapo to charlton. Jodi jones to barnsley. Doyle to luton.

Some interesting rumours on that twitter handle. Eisa to leeds. Jonson clark harris to Derby. Ladapo to charlton. Jodi jones to barnsley. Doyle to luton.
Looking back to their summer tweets as well, looks like the account is complete guesswork.

Potentially 3 players coming in the first week of the window according to today’s OxMail article. Doesn't include a right back, so likely to be the 2 wingers and a centre mid.

• Wow
Reactions: Ian
Potentially 3 players coming in the first week of the window according to today’s OxMail article. Doesn't include a right back, so likely to be the 2 wingers and a centre mid.

This isn't a criticism but I'll believe it if it happens as we've heard this type of thing before and there are so many factors that mean things can change.

As much as I love Karl and the things he's achieving I really wish he wouldnt keep making these announcements about potential signings. If we go through the first week without any new arrivals being announced certain sections of the fanbase will start getting twitchy to say the least. I really do think its best to maybe keep your powder dry until the deals are done.

This isn't a criticism but I'll believe it if it happens as we've heard this type of thing before and there are so many factors that mean things can change.
I think it important to read all of the quote and as you say take some perspective.
It is clear that the deals have not been signed although the club are fairly confident.
We also seem to be trying to agree a fee with a club for a right back.
Nothing was said about anybody going (Baptiste to Brentford, Dickie to Derby)

As much as I love Karl and the things he's achieving I really wish he wouldnt keep making these announcements about potential signings. If we go through the first week without any new arrivals being announced certain sections of the fanbase will start getting twitchy to say the least. I really do think its best to maybe keep your powder dry until the deals are done.

I agree. He's only inviting criticism if a deal fails to go through.

I think it important to read all of the quote and as you say take some perspective.
It is clear that the deals have not been signed although the club are fairly confident.
We also seem to be trying to agree a fee with a club for a right back.
Nothing was said about anybody going (Baptiste to Brentford, Dickie to Derby)
Ive not heard about the Baptiste to Brentford one ?

Ive not heard about the Baptiste to Brentford one ?
It could be rubbish of course but I read that before Baptiste was injured the last time it was a done deal that he was going to Brentford.
He seems to be coming good again and seems to play better against the better sides so....

Having seen the standard of players we brought in during the summer, and knowing of a couple of players we've been linked with, this could be a very quiet place if/when we do our business early!

Particularly if we put together a decent run of results over Christmas and progress into the 4th round of the FA cup with a decent draw.

We're going to need the showers to run cold at the training ground to give Kip something to moan about!!!

Let's not start counting chickens SE!

We could retain our most valuable players, add to the squad and sign all the top targets.
Or we could lose one or two and then not get adequate replacements.

Before trying to get a rise out of Kip, just wait until we see what actually happens...

Interesting that it's ok to be pessimistic in advance and expect the worst case scenario, but when I post a positive alternative it's "let's wait and see!"

Back
Top Bottom