General Jan transfer window

Really? I don't think Hylton is anything close to the physical force that Mackie is.
Hylton is a pest; Mackie is a thug (and I say this with affection. Some of OUFC's greatest ever players are thugs!)

If I had to choose between the two of them to run on to a through-ball and score - I'd pick Hylton. Undoubtedly he's the better goalscorer. But a glance at the League One table would suggest that we're not exactly starved for goals this season.
If I had to choose between the two of them to battle a 6ft 5in ogre of a centre back for a high ball, retain possession and/or win a free kick in the face of a clattering, or generally make an opposition defender's day physically miserable - it would be Mackie every time.

What's happened to Danny Hylton by the way? Injured? He doesn't appear to have played this season, for anyone?

You’re making Jamie Mackie sound like a Billy Hamilton or Billy Whitehurst. Truth is he’s nowhere near either. Not in the same class as Hamilton as a footballer or finisher and an absolute pussycat compared to Whitehurst.

Mackie has his uses but let’s keep it in perspective.

You’re making Jamie Mackie sound like a Billy Hamilton or Billy Whitehurst. Truth is he’s nowhere near either. Not in the same class as Hamilton as a footballer or finisher and an absolute pussycat compared to Whitehurst.

Mackie has his uses but let’s keep it in perspective.
Hylton is a pest but scored some great goals and could kill a long high pass dead in an instant. Anyway, I think we’ve moved on, and he may be injured anyway.

Hylton is a pest but scored some great goals and could kill a long high pass dead in an instant. Anyway, I think we’ve moved on, and he may be injured anyway.

He is injured at the moment and rumour is he is going out on loan to Plymouth at the end of January.

Arguing about whether Jamie Mackie or Danny Hylton was the best striker/shithouse?

George Baldock or Chris Cadden as the best defender or most beautiful?

Christ, I'm more patient than most but hurry up and sign someone before we start comparing Dannie Bulman and Matt Murphy, or Rufus Brevett and Richardinho!!!

Arguing about whether Jamie Mackie or Danny Hylton was the best striker/shithouse?

George Baldock or Chris Cadden as the best defender or most beautiful?

Christ, I'm more patient than most but hurry up and sign someone before we start comparing Dannie Bulman and Matt Murphy, or Rufus Brevett and Richardinho!!!
Matt Murphy was an odd one. Scored loads of goals at a good level but was a fairly poor player otherwise and did nothing for any other team.

Some people have very short memories the hylton in his prime when had him was exceptional.
He would have been fine in lge 1 with us
People have forgotten Hylton wasn’t performing for us and was set to be loaned out. He missed a lot of chances, much like we are doing at the moment. We’ve moved on from him. Don’t get me wrong, I’d have loved if he had signed on when we got promoted but he was nothing special.

Back
Top Bottom