General Jan transfer window

To be fair I havent listened to the interview, Id be grateful if someone could post a link, but that doesnt really explain to me the change in strategy? They knew about the stadium charge and training ground expenses back in December when, as I understood it, Zaki said we didnt need to sell anyone? Was it the players really pushing to get away?
Well obviously yes..he said the deal has to be put to the players and should think it's a no-brainer ..going to a decently run club with a young go getting manager and a large wage rise plus I don't get how Fosu playing badly can aid his transfer hopes however distracted he felt. Really can't see a change in strategy at all.

To be fair I havent listened to the interview, Id be grateful if someone could post a link, but that doesnt really explain to me the change in strategy? They knew about the stadium charge and training ground expenses back in December when, as I understood it, Zaki said we didnt need to sell anyone? Was it the players really pushing to get away?
Just go online on bbc radio Oxford and you can rewind the current programme.
No change in strategy, he just said they didn’t HAVE to sell, they CHOSE to. Think he alluded to the coaching staff being happy to take the money too, guess because they have plenty of options now.
They're just taking a pragmatic approach and not going gung ho.

Without meaning to criticise our fans, I do feel a certain section needs to take a deep breath. Hand on heart when I say this, I think we have good people in charge of this great football club and I do trust them.

Well I’ve just listened to the interview from Zaki and don't see the issue apart from the release clause part.
Perhaps it’s something OUFC may now consider in the future, ie learn from past mistakes.
Essentially he said we have taken some money now to offset some large expenditures, ie stadium charge and training ground and he’s hopeful that Baptiste will earn Oxford a lot more in the future in add ons.
Perhaps we only got him due to release clause

• React
Reactions: Ian
No change in strategy, he just said they didn’t HAVE to sell, they CHOSE to. Think he alluded to the coaching staff being happy to take the money too, guess because they have plenty of options now.
They're just taking a pragmatic approach and not going gung ho.

Really? What are the plenty of options they now have to get a right back and a centre forward?

Had Baptiste and Fosu left earlier in the window, the money would have enabled KR to bring in replacements... That money is therefor the summer window - and I suspect that as KR hasn't used all of the budget for this season, this may be added to the kitty for the summer - and if we are promoted we are going to need it!

The squad is short of a few players, but it has been all season!

Really? What are the plenty of options they now have to get a right back and a centre forward?
Last time I checked Fosu was a winger and Baptiste a CM. Neither are a RB or CF....

No, didn't say 'the board'.

He said either 'a football club' or 'the football club', and I didn't hear quite which.

I assumed therefore that it was from a rival club rejecting a bid e.g. Sunderland / Grigg.

I wish Jerome had clarifed it, though.

I think Nathan Cooper touched on it being regarding journalists and commentators declaring it as a bargain, when in reality most wouldn’t have even seen much of either player other than highlights. I’d hazard a guess that KR May have been referring to Martin Keown who on Talksport, I believe, declared himself a fan (is he?) and cited a lack of ambition and disappointment at the deal.

Karl has ruled out free agents in the post match interview, doesn't feel there's anything worthwhile out there.

Does big up Dan Agyei though, so there must be some place for him in future squads.

I think Nathan Cooper touched on it being regarding journalists and commentators declaring it as a bargain, when in reality most wouldn’t have even seen much of either player other than highlights. I’d hazard a guess that KR May have been referring to Martin Keown who on Talksport, I believe, declared himself a fan (is he?) and cited a lack of ambition and disappointment at the deal.
Just clarified..def. not anyone IN the club.

Mark Sykes in his post match interview:

"Part of what brought me to the club was that they said they'd have no problem selling on players to a higher level."
Once again, no problem with that. For the right price, a fair price, and if some of it is reinvested so we go again. You sell a few hot dogs, you buy some more buns.

Why is it so difficult for some to understand what some people feel let down about? This isn’t rocket science.

Once again, no problem with that. For the right price, a fair price, and if some of it is reinvested so we go again. You sell a few hot dogs, you buy some more buns.

Why is it so difficult for some to understand what some people feel let down about? This isn’t rocket science.

Don't have an issue with the policy. Just probably not best saying it out loud on the radio.

In terms of how he comes across in his interviews, I'm a little disappointed that he, like Fosu, seems more concerned with his personal tallies and status than that of the team.

Although difficulty games, but aren’t they all, we do have games in hand of most of the teams ahead of us

Back
Top Bottom