General Jan transfer window

He was only signed until January so a decision on his future must have been taken

From what I’ve seen in the 23s and comments from KR I think he will be gone in January. Weird one as he had decent numbers in holland

So Woodburn was paid a pretty hefty salary from what has been said. Hall and Sykes could be sent on loan (?) Zamouri will probably leave and Cadden would be on a decent wage I assume.
Thorne will return to Derby or we get a better deal from Derby (he becomes a luxury player according to RO).
It sounds like we are in a decent position from a budget perspective ( the times we have heard that we have no budget without juggling a lot in prior season)

Sykes won’t be sent out on loan!
KR did say that he would be ruthless and would send players out on loan and he will be getting 2 wingers in.
Sykes has improved significantly in the past 2 to 3 weeks after having a poor half season (except v West Ham and then Man C onwards)
Maybe his recent performances have changed things. You may well be right but it wouldn't amaze me.

Sykes does come on and positively influence the game.
I’d be disappointed if he was sent out on loan. He is versatile and can play in a number of positions.
I think Hall could go out on loan, but after the FA cup game. You may well see Agyei also going out on loan.

I wonder if it's time to give Nico Jones some regular football? I don't think he'd get regular time in League Two, but he's probably good enough for a team in National League.

I know loaning out young players is seen as a death knell, but Longy and Shandon have proved otherwise recently!

Hope we don’t send Agyei on loan. Relying on Mackie and Taylor through are most crucial patch would be chaos. Unless we bring another striker in of course.

Liam Kelly would be a very good addition and would fill the role Thorne will possibly leave.

Someone like Reece Brown would also be a very good addition

Hope we don’t send Agyei on loan. Relying on Mackie and Taylor through are most crucial patch would be chaos. Unless we bring another striker in of course.
Yup - said this myself also. Imagine Taylor getting injured for half a dozen games and having no alternative to Jamie Mackie playing 90 minutes every single match. That could blow our entire season. Agyei is at least a body and recognised forward - he can only go on loan if another striker replaces him to keep numbers as they are. It’s far too spectacular a gamble to go down to only two strikers, so I seriously hope nobody tries to be too clever for their own good.

Also agree with those saying Sykes could still go on loan. If we really do / can bring in two wingers plus another centre midfielder he’s going to find himself struggling to make the bench again. He needs game time to develop so be it here or somewhere else, he’s got to have regular games over the coming months.

Hunter from Fleetwood, out of favour with Barton. Always done well against us. Could do a lot worse.

Back
Top Bottom