General Jan transfer window

We have far more than Browne.
Midfield Brannagan, Gorrin, Henry ( reserves Thorne, Woodburn, Kelly).
There are not many better midfield players in the league?
Up front we seriously needed that extra striker. But Browne, Taylor, Holland
We have a decent team?
Next season a lot of them will be gone, you quoted saying use the money to buy Browne, I said we needed more than Browne and next season with Brannagan, Dickie, Easty and possibly Gorrin going and the Lana going back why would Browne want to stay if we bid off course.
That would be a hell of a rebuild which I couldn’t see bearing much fruit if this transfer window is anything to go by.
Oh I did hear a whisper that Boro said we could have Browne for 450k at the end of the season but mike I said would he want to come here permanently.

EC. you are ITK.
What is your overall view of what is happening?
I think the club are following the model of developing, selling and profit.
Having said that, I’m concerned that the aspiration of the fan base are not matched by the board. It could be argued that the board are happy for stagnation this season. Assets lost and a lack of assets acquired speaks volumes

Wonder what will be said tomorrow? Will tiger be in attendance and will Nathan Cooper ask probing questions post match to KR.

I'm strangely not too disappointed about losing Baptiste and Fosu.

Shandon is undoubtably an unbelievable talent, but he's still inconsistent and goes missing far too often in important league games; his best performances this season have come in the cup competitions. It's a shame we'll never get to see him at his best, but as long as we can get Woodburn, Brannagan, Thorne and Henry back to full fitness I think we have sufficient depth in that area of the pitch.

Tarique was great during our incredible run in October/November, but has definitely gone off the boil of late. I think Browne is a better player, and Holland has the potential to be as well.

What I am incredibly disappointed about is that we haven't strengthened in areas of the pitch that we have obvious weaknesses. We're now worryingly weak at full back, and lacking in genuine depth up front. What's most frustrating is that these were the two areas that desperately needed to be strengthened going into the window.

I hate to say it but I really think our promotion push is over.

Last edited:
Who is Jazzer?? and for your eyes only Leave
Been edited and not a totally bad day then, my Chapel Down sparkling Bacchus tastes splendid at present. The window is now shut and time to move on. We may have differing options on our club on occasions but I think you and hopefully all Oufc fans will agree we must support the team even if we go behind tomorrow. Have a good weekend ??.

I'm strangely not too disappointed about losing Baptiste and Fosu.

Shandon is undoubtably an unbelievable talent, but he's still inconsistent and goes missing far too often in important league games; his best performances this season have come in the cup competitions. It's a shame we'll never get to see him at his best, but admittedly long as we can get Woodburn, Brannagan, Thorne and Henry back to full fitness I think we have sufficient depth in that area of the pitch.

Tarique was great during our incredible run in October/November, but has definitely gone off the boil of late. I think Browne is a better player, and Holland has the potential to be as well.

What I am incredibly disappointed about is that we haven't strengthened in areas of the pitch that we have obvious weaknesses. We're now worryingly weak at full back, and lacking in genuine depth up front. What's most frustrating is that these were the two areas that desperately needed to be strengthened going into the window.

I hate to say it but I really think our promotion push is over.
They could have both been kept until the summer, with an agreement that they could talk to clubs then.
I don’t think the issue is who’s gone. More the timing of it.

They could have both been kept until the summer, with an agreement that they could talk to clubs then.
I don’t think the issue is who’s gone. More the timing of it.
Why do you think we rushed at it? Need for money or just naïveté? I don’t believe the players were desperate to leave or the offers were fantastic

Back
Top Bottom