General Jan transfer window

players come players go thats a fact at every club

whats wrong at OUFC is various board members, as well as KR, have categorically stated that we dont have to sell any of our players unless the offer is exceptional .... while theres something of a veil over the fosu & baptiste fee, I think the various figures being bandied about, albeit 'unconfirmed' are way below what some would perceive as exceptional .

Therefore the various board members ,( and KR), have lied - thats the big issue here the lies

we've been told by the chairman that promotion to the championship is a genuine target this season. A lie, an out and out lie, why sell give away two of your first team assets for peanuts (in reality) and not replace them, why do you not bring in a full back and striker to boost the clubs promotion aspirations IF promotion is a genuine target?

we've a sizable unbudgeted wadge of £ from cup runs and tv appearances , where has that gone? Not on new OUFC players, the board , the MD , The Chairman have lied, lied and lied to the supporters. Also they've allowed the squad to be ripped apart, and by their lies, have managed to extinguish much of the optimism I had for this season

talk about putting one in your own net, the board have successfully alienated some of the supporters with lies, and a display of total lack of ambition. Trust takes a while to earn and mere seconds to lose.

The current board have lost any shreds of trust I had in them, and anything they state in future I shall be viewing with extreme suspicion, as they are proven liars

Browne and Holland in on loan, sorry, they're not our players we have to give them back, Browne was a greedy player when here before, from what Ive seen he's just as greedy this time around, he's not much of a team player IMO, ...Holland is here to develop on behalf of his parent club, he's not been very consistent performance-wise in his appearances so far.... Atkinson acquired and then loaned back out , Kelly has played one game (abroad) all season, so he's still not match fit! .... its been an absolutely crap transfer window IMO...... an injury blighted squad before the 2 loanees plus unfit Kelly and loaned out Atkinson even arrived.

Still, the board has proved that they are liars and not to be trusted at all. They only have themselves to blame, lying to the supporters and getting found out is quite a ridiculous thing to do, but do it they have and been well and truly found out.

Bollox to em, the supporters were here before this current shower, and will be here long after theyre gone.

Any trust I may have had in the current Chairman or board has disappeared

Even if we end up emphatically beating Blackpool tomorrow and beating Newcastle tues night ( which I hope we do) that wont change my view of the board and chairman
Have you had a drink or something Sarge?

players come players go thats a fact at every club

whats wrong at OUFC is various board members, as well as KR, have categorically stated that we dont have to sell any of our players unless the offer is exceptional .... while theres something of a veil over the fosu & baptiste fee, I think the various figures being bandied about, albeit 'unconfirmed' are way below what some would perceive as exceptional .

Therefore the various board members ,( and KR), have lied - thats the big issue here the lies

we've been told by the chairman that promotion to the championship is a genuine target this season. A lie, an out and out lie, why sell give away two of your first team assets for peanuts (in reality) and not replace them, why do you not bring in a full back and striker to boost the clubs promotion aspirations IF promotion is a genuine target?

we've a sizable unbudgeted wadge of £ from cup runs and tv appearances , where has that gone? Not on new OUFC players, the board , the MD , The Chairman have lied, lied and lied to the supporters. Also they've allowed the squad to be ripped apart, and by their lies, have managed to extinguish much of the optimism I had for this season

talk about putting one in your own net, the board have successfully alienated some of the supporters with lies, and a display of total lack of ambition. Trust takes a while to earn and mere seconds to lose.

The current board have lost any shreds of trust I had in them, and anything they state in future I shall be viewing with extreme suspicion, as they are proven liars

Browne and Holland in on loan, sorry, they're not our players we have to give them back, Browne was a greedy player when here before, from what Ive seen he's just as greedy this time around, he's not much of a team player IMO, ...Holland is here to develop on behalf of his parent club, he's not been very consistent performance-wise in his appearances so far.... Atkinson acquired and then loaned back out , Kelly has played one game (abroad) all season, so he's still not match fit! .... its been an absolutely crap transfer window IMO...... an injury blighted squad before the 2 loanees plus unfit Kelly and loaned out Atkinson even arrived.

Still, the board has proved that they are liars and not to be trusted at all. They only have themselves to blame, lying to the supporters and getting found out is quite a ridiculous thing to do, but do it they have and been well and truly found out.

Bollox to em, the supporters were here before this current shower, and will be here long after theyre gone.

Any trust I may have had in the current Chairman or board has disappeared

Even if we end up emphatically beating Blackpool tomorrow and beating Newcastle tues night ( which I hope we do) that wont change my view of the board and chairman
Is it really peanuts? We had no choice over Fosu, so nobody lied there.

Baptiste is a 21 year old, had 2 serious injuries and only played about 35 games. What is a realistic value? In my opinion, 3 million plus add ons is great. Who goes for that in League 1? People need to get a grip and a realistic view of finances.

Baptiste wasn't even our third best midfielder so why this melt down?

I have to agree with others we won’t get promoted if we don’t score goals, as much as I like him, Mackie is it that man, Matty is injured but when he is fit he doesn’t start 2 games in a row, Dan hasn’t had much of a chance, yes Henry is back, sort of, but not sure who we can rely on .......
All the exact comments made at the beginning of the season! Where are the goals coming from? How well have we done on the scoring front?

Is it really peanuts? We had no choice over Fosu, so nobody lied there.

Baptiste is a 21 year old, had 2 serious injuries and only played about 35 games. What is a realistic value? In my opinion, 3 million plus add ons is great. Who goes for that in League 1? People need to get a grip and a realistic view of finances.

Baptiste wasn't even our third best midfielder so why this melt down?
I think it's because we haven't signed a much needed striker.... Or any one of the three right backs we apparently had clamouring to sign for us.

Shandon‘s goal against Lincoln - 3 points.

His assist vs Wimbledon - 3 points.

his goal vs Hartlepool - valuable funds to the club.

These are three MASSIVE moments Baptiste has contributed basically within the last month. And doesn’t include his stunning performances against West Ham or Man City this year. Or any of the other games he’s played well in.

He was coming back after serious injury and was only just starting to fire on all cylinders and get fully back up to speed. He would have been a major contributor had he stayed. I’m very much not on board with those suggesting his absence won’t be felt or won’t be enormously telling...

All the exact comments made at the beginning of the season! Where are the goals coming from? How well have we done on the scoring front?

Dried up recently since Xmas now fosu who had scored his fair share gone maybe a struggle I think Holland will provide good service but can we finnish.

The championship would not get us in the black. Lets not kid ourselves. Yes full stadiums maybe we don't get hardly anything from the stadium. Players will expect higher wages or any we sign to keep us in there. The championship mandates ground improvements New floodlights more policing seating requirements etc. Will Kassam chip in? lol the club would have to pay the lot improving the stadium for Kassam.. Knowing him he would put the rent up even more.. Of course I want oxford to make the championship we have to be in the right position to stay there though.. Unless our owners really want to support the club with their money. As we can see they are not too keen. If we had our own stadium it would be a different story. on a positive note if we build up abit of money then things might move forward. Don't get me wrong I want us to be there next season and maybe if we make it with our skeleton crew tiger and his cubs may come through for us. The championship is not the key to balancing the books.
I do agree with some of what you said. The clear and obvious solution as I see it is to finally get owners who hold a long-term view and have deep pockets. Very hard to come by but what has been demonstrated by what’s happened this week is that the current board and owner have lost any benefit of the doubt people were giving them and have shown that their real interests are personal and not the Oxfordshire community which Tiger has been trying to claim. I for one know better now and have little hope or faith things will ever change with them at the helm.

Do you trust this board to get us away from the kassam? I don't.
No I do not every board is in the same position with us until this lease is over or we get sombody with deeeep pockets.. What we don't need is some fool to commit to the kassam when it runs out. Also Oxford city council helping us out with land. The funny thing is we cannot afford to be in the championship really deep down we know.. But if we managed to stay up there for say 2 seasons the Council might look at us more favorably as an important income source for the area and would be more likley to help us out with regular big name teams playing oxford. Its a hard situation.

Looks like all the teams around us have strengthened. Rotherham look like they are prepping for the Championship with Tilt and Koroma coming in ?

I think the deal for Fosu and Baptiste has been on the cards all month. That's why we signed Kelly, Thorne, Browne and Holland.
What is galling is that we all know, including KR that we needed a RB and a striker. If we had done that I could have lived with it but it seems to me Tiger has scuppered it. I won't be taking any notice of the boards claims to be ambitious any more. KR probably feels the same right now.

Back
Top Bottom