General Jan transfer window

Mackie has started in a league game 15 times this season. Of those games we have W7 D5 L3.

26 points from those 15 games. I don’t see the problem.

We are third highest scorers in League one 43 goals

We have the second-best goal difference in League One +17

Hopefully Agyei does not go out on loan, Taylor gets fit, I think we are covered in that position

One striker? Whereas most promotion chasing teams have around 3.

I don't remotely study the tactics of football but we need to stop using the word 'striker'.
Mackie is our man that plays up top, KR probably never expected him to score as many as our midfielders or perhaps think of him as our front midfielder.

Strikers nowadays are expected to do more than just score goals. So let's reclassify them as front mid

It's pretty obvious to anyone who has watched most of our games in the last month or so, that in that period Mackie has offered little in any part of the game.

Regardless of our setup or tactics....
He doesn't hold the ball up well, he doesn't win headers, he doesn't score, he doesn't provide assists, he doesn't make runs behind defences, he doesn't have pace to beat defenders. He gives us no outlet.
He does though, give his all, runs his heart out, fouls defenders, gets caught offside often.

He is detrimental to the way we want to play, and beneficial to the opposition.

We do need another decent centre forward if we are not going to use Agyei more.

I was referring to Cadden with that quote. Robbo told tiger not to pay what Colombus wanted. It seems we are going down the option of getting everyone on the cheap or a loan. There is alot of strikers that would improve us but your not going to get them free or on loan in January. Maybe the bloke on the phone in was right, where he stated the board don't want us to go up as they can't afford to run us in the championship.
Goodness.
The club including KR thought that the price was vastly inflated and he wasnt worth what they were asking.
Not sure it is that unusual stance?

BBC site says Grigg has turned down a move to Salford

And the reason quoted being he doesn't want to drop to League Two. Sunderland want rid, but diidn't want to offload to a rival League One team. Something's Gotta Give in the next couple of days. (He's not in their squad for tonight's match at Tranmere.)

Are we honestly meant to believe that the "substantial fee" we were offering for Cadden would not be enough for another right back?

Weve heard so many transfer meetings have taken place but yet it still sounds like were unsure what we can afford.

As always i hope im eating humble pie come Friday.
Ffs Kip. Are you suggesting that the club are lying their heads off?
Things really aren't that simple?
Having read all of the clubs comments, the comments throughout football on the intricacies of transfers ( agents, playing off clubs against each other and a whole host if other things), it is hardly beyond comprehension. To believe that we have offers for a number of full backs.
From what KR has said, they gave been turned down.
Each player I guess are probably worth different £ in the clubs eyes?
The club are not prepared to pay over the odds (even you cant argue that would be a good thing)?
Having said all of that there is clearly a lot of brinkmanship that goes on to the end of the transfer window. There will be dozens of signings on the last day throughout the Divisions and it isnt over yet ....

Mackie has started in a league game 15 times this season. Of those games we have W7 D5 L3.
26 points from those 15 games. I don’t see the problem.
We are third highest scorers in League one 43 goals
We have the second-best goal difference in League One
Interesting stats.
Personally I am amazed at those who seem to think that Agyei is the answer.
Mackie has been poor recently, but those stats show what nonsense some comments on here have been ( personally I would try Browne upfront in Taylor's absence)

I really want a big scary striker to give us another option but appreciate that decent ones are hard to come by. If Hanson is properly fit now we’re probably sorted for full back cover, though you can always improve the team if someone becomes available. I’m sure we don’t know more than a fraction of what goes on.

And the reason quoted being he doesn't want to drop to League Two. Sunderland want rid, but diidn't want to offload to a rival League One team. Something's Gotta Give in the next couple of days. (He's not in their squad for tonight's match at Tranmere.)

I was told yesterday that his days are definitely numbered at Sunderland because he doesn’t fit into the way Parkinson likes to play. They also said that Griggs wife usually has a big say in where he goes so let’s hope she fancies moving to Oxford.

Back
Top Bottom