General Jan transfer window

Fair point, but take a look at the activity of the teams above us so far this January:

The current top two in our league have each only made one incoming signing - both loans.
Wycombe in third have made two signings, both loanees, although I suppose they're not really in the same bracket financially.
Cov haven't signed anyone, Pompey have made two loan signings and brought in a non league player for an undisclosed, but presumably small, fee, and Sunderland haven't spent money, bringing in loanees and Kyle Lafferty on a free. Peterborough have spent 500k on a non-league player, and it looks likely that the Maddison sale will go through to offset that, as well as two loan signings.

Of course, this could, and probably will, change in the next few days as the window wraps up, but my point is that no-one really seems to be bringing in established Championship-level players for a fee this window. A couple have invested in some non-league talent, but so have we. I'm not sure if this is usual of a promotion race or not, and perhaps its due to how tight the league is this year, with no clear candidates for a nailed-on promotion. But it doesnt seem like we're the only club having this problem.
Sod's law - since I posted this, Sunderland have announced the signing of Josh Scowen, CM from Championship QPR. Came off the bench against us after Hylton's goal in the JPT final! Could be decent, but then again, it's a Sunderland January signing, so he'll probably be s**t.

Sod's law - since I posted this, Sunderland have announced the signing of Josh Scowen, CM from Championship QPR. Came off the bench against us after Hylton's goal in the JPT final! Could be decent, but then again, it's a Sunderland January signing, so he'll probably be s**t.

Nearly all business done in January is loans. Too much unknown from the summer onwards, plus loans allow us to have players for 18 games (from now) that you wouldn't be able to attain otherwise. Take a look at Blackpool's business...some very good additions this month!

Nearly all business done in January is loans. Too much unknown from the summer onwards, plus loans allow us to have players for 18 games (from now) that you wouldn't be able to attain otherwise. Take a look at Blackpool's business...some very good additions this month!
Yeah, I wouldn't be at all upset with some more loan signings. I think one of the benefits of the Thorne signing has been giving us that bit more flexibility with further loans.

Agree re Blackpool, probably good we're playing them hopefully slightly too soon for them to have bedded in properly. Although I would say Madine is a big risk, and the loss of Jordan Thompson could hit them hard if the others don't settle immediately. I'd say they're also in a different position to us (and the other immediate promotion candidates) - they're in a position where they can afford to build for the future, whereas we and others need immediate impact signings.

You can the best attacking right back in the world playing ,but if his crosses don’t lead to goals it’s pointless, we like many other clubs need a regular goal scorer who can play all the time

You can the best attacking right back in the world playing ,but if his crosses don’t lead to goals it’s pointless, we like many other clubs need a regular goal scorer who can play all the time
We are one if the top goalscorers in the Country.
We are clearly missing Henry , Brannagan and Taylor (25+ goals between them)?
With Fosu, in the first part of the season we had 4 regular scorers (with an attacking full back)

We are one if the top goalscorers in the Country.
We are clearly missing Henry , Brannagan and Taylor (25+ goals between them)?
With Fosu, in the first part of the season we had 4 regular scorers (with an attacking full back)
Hopefully they will be back for the Newcastle game if not the Blackpool game

You are saying what we need a clone of Henry - but slightly improved so he never gets injured?

You are saying what we need a clone of Henry - but slightly improved so he never gets injured?
Henry relies on guile and awareness to do the right thing,we need him back rather than the mythical fight back, we have enough wide players to create chances

It's not as if Henry gets injured often. 48, 56 and 26 appearances over the past 2 1/2 seasons.

It's a shame he's injured right now and we could really do with him in the team while Taylor and Brannagan are out too.
Hopefully all three will be back by the Newcastle game if not the Blackpool game

Henry and Brannagan keep hold of the ball well and having that possession was/is certainly part of our winning ways. Browne, Sykes, Mackie- all less careful.

I think the game has changed. I don't think it's all about wide delivery for Robinsons team.
Cadden, like Baldock, was really a key attacking outlet. It allowed us to switch play quicker and for us to find ourselves in an overload situation in dangerous areas further up pitch. When Baldock and Cadden exploded forward it was almost impossible for other teams to track.

There is nothing wrong with long and ruffles, but I hope we concentrate on the two full back positions before the window is done.

I think the game has changed. I don't think it's all about wide delivery for Robinsons team.
Cadden, like Baldock, was really a key attacking outlet. It allowed us to switch play quicker and for us to find ourselves in an overload situation in dangerous areas further up pitch. When Baldock and Cadden exploded forward it was almost impossible for other teams to track.

There is nothing wrong with long and ruffles, but I hope we concentrate on the two full back positions before the window is done.

Absolutely, we have to capitalise on the golden opportunity that promotion offers. This window, KR needs the boards full support to achieve this. With the extra revenue that has come with full stadiums and 2 cup runs, it is achievable.
Friday midnight, we'll have the answer.

Absolutely, we have to capitalise on the golden opportunity that promotion offers. This window, KR needs the boards full support to achieve this. With the extra revenue that has come with full stadiums and 2 cup runs, it is achievable.
Friday midnight, we'll have the answer.

we will have gained our independence from Europe by 1hr yippee oh and hopefully a couple of more signings

Odd theres not one single rumour.
Personally I think that's a good sign. Things are being taken very seriously and being kept close. I normally hear bits bit have had no names for a week, but still expect deals to be concluded. I'll go out on a limb and say that we'll get 2 or maybe 3 in, with one still to go out.

Back
Top Bottom