General Jan transfer window

That would make the most sense. If they were really interested in looking at his first team potential, surely they would have brought him back at the start of January?

One of their other forwards has a short term injury I think so 2 birds and 1 stone.

IMG_20200123_152602.jpg
Jerry Yates' mum on Twitter criticising Rotherham, hopefully he feels the same

For what it’s worth I think we need a Billy Hamilton sort of forward so Taylor can play off him, one who can occupy a centre half on his own while Taylor gets around him.

But what do I know.

No teams play 4-4-2 anymore, they get overrun in midfield

Listening to 5Live last night, Burnley play 4-4-2 and have beaten both Man U and Leicester in the last couple of weeks.

I will concede that Burnley play 4-4-2, but they are the exception.

They are currently 13th in the league, joint-11th in goals scored (28 from 24). They have a very narrow defence and midfield. In those games they had 28% (away) and 44% (home) possession and had 2 and 5 shots on target receptively.

Having 2 strikers does not necessarily an attacking fix-all.

I will concede that Burnley play 4-4-2, but they are the exception.

They are currently 13th in the league, joint-11th in goals scored (28 from 24). They have a very narrow defence and midfield. In those games they had 28% (away) and 44% (home) possession and had 2 and 5 shots on target receptively.

Having 2 strikers does not necessarily an attacking fix-all.
I'm not saying it is. They are (on current league standings) the 13th best team in the country though ;)
I don't know enough about what formations the other 90 clubs play to say they are the exception...

• React
Reactions: Ian
Apparently Kyle Vassell has picked up a calf injury which is why Rotherham have recalled Jerry Yates. Story is on Swindon Advertiser site. Yates is needed for Rotherham’s games in Saturday and Tuesday with situation being reviewed after that.

Apparently Kyle Vassell has picked up a calf injury which is why Rotherham have recalled Jerry Yates. Story is on Swindon Advertiser site. Yates is needed for Rotherham’s games in Saturday and Tuesday with situation being reviewed after that.
Well, that means he can't play for another team this season which rules out a move to us - at least in this window. @ECYellow?

Hmm ...not sure how accurate that is but lets wait and see

Jerry Yates doesn't fit Rotherhams style of play. He's out of contract in the summer unless all parties agree to an extension. Rotherham have played us twice so our success helps them. Robinson and Paul Warne are good mates. Discussions have taken place! I'd say that it will be just as likely that JY will be at Newcastle watching Oxford as on the bench for Rotherham at Peterborough!

Jerry Yates doesn't fit Rotherhams style of play. He's out of contract in the summer unless all parties agree to an extension. Rotherham have played us twice so our success helps them. Robinson and Paul Warne are good mates. Discussions have taken place! I'd say that it will be just as likely that JY will be at Newcastle watching Oxford as on the bench for Rotherham at Peterborough!
If we beat rotherham to one of the auto places how does it help them? Or have we given up on catching them'?

Back
Top Bottom