Important Petition

I think I have seen more fighting at horse racing than I have at football, much worse for it, I wouldn’t say football in this country is any worse than any other event nowadays.

It’s definitely a class thing, or at least perceived class, a legal challenge would at least challenge that.

Now that Hillsborough has been legally proven to have been caused by inept crowd management this is the perfect time to overturn it, an anti sports minister rather than one who just pays lip service to it is actually better to go after in the courts.

I have signed the petition but it’s a waste of time other than as way of showing that other avenues have been exhausted, the best thing the FSF can do is get with the clubs who want to change it and challenge it legally.

Wow that petition has really taken off. It was only around 13,000 signatures when I signed on Wednesday evening. Great stuff.

Done,

Need 100K signatures to have to debate it in parliament. It would be good to smash through this barrier.

The government have no right to ignore the safety issues and want to keep this in when safe standing is allowed in Scotland, the lower leagues and many other European countries.

Done,

Need 100K signatures to have to debate it in parliament. It would be good to smash through this barrier.

The government have no right to ignore the safety issues and want to keep this in when safe standing is allowed in Scotland, the lower leagues and many other European countries.

Unfortunately not. I believe they have to consider it for debate, they aren’t actually obligated to debate it. Still worth the effort though because you never know.

Unfortunately not. I believe they have to consider it for debate, they aren’t actually obligated to debate it. Still worth the effort though because you never know.
Yes you are right.
I guess that there has to be a good reason why they wouldn't debate it with 100K signatures (I am not sure what has happened in previous situations)

Done. Is there a reason why the petition is limited to Premier and Championship clubs?

Yes lower than that and they can have safe standing anyway. The law only relates to the top two Divisions.
So we could have safe standing now assuming FK would permit and the club was in favour but as things stand (pardon the pun) if we get to the Championship then we couldn't. I believe safe standing incorporates seating as an alternative to standing so that not being able to stand would not involve any structural changes. That right?

I wonder what happens if Shrewsbury install safe-standing before the end of the season and then they gain promotion? Will they be forced to change it, be prohibited from using the section while in the Championship, or allowed to do so? Interesting scenario.

Also done. I wont use it, but it should be available for those who want to.

Yes lower than that and they can have safe standing anyway. The law only relates to the top two Divisions.

Does that mean a lower leage club would need to remove safe standing upon promotion to the championship? Quite farcical, if so, given that I suspect at least some of their attendances in a promotion season would rank alongside those in the championship. Wonder if Sunderland could be persuaded to test this out. I'll leave the jokes to others here!

Back
Top Bottom