Important Petition

Done
Don’t think I’ve ever sat at Grenoble rd but it does mean you have to watch your shins.

Why arent there hundreds of thousands of signatures?
It seems very low on the basis that all clubs seem to wantbit to be an option?
Most Premier League fans have never stood at a game so cannot relate to how much better it is...

Done. I really don't understand how anyone could believe that safe standing is more dangerous than thousands of people standing up at their seats. It's still the case that football supporters are very much considered a lower form of life in this country, I'm afraid.

Brentford are 1 point outside the play offs.If they were to go up,their will be terracing in the Premier league next season

If safe standing followed the rail seating model... as used at many European stadiums, and also a sample section of which was on display at an OUFC open day a few years ago( theres pics of Beano, among others, stood on it/trying it out....it was around the time under KT as chairman, when OUFC did, a supporters led, extensive study into safe standing and rail seating....@Amersham Dave was there at that open day) ... with safe standing rail seating was used, seats could be bolted into postition or bolted flush with the rail depepending weather the stand was being used as seated area or safe standing area.... image below gives an idea of how it looks in safe standing mode ......View attachment 424
Just a Thought, but if you had to sit there for a game, wouldn't the rail in front be right in you're eyeline ?

Just a Thought, but if you had to sit there for a game, wouldn't the rail in front be right in you're eyeline ?
Guessing it may depend how tall or small individuals sitting on a bolted down rail seat?...... and, for me at least, that's the long and short of it:unsure:

German clubs are looking at building more terracing when redeveloping their grounds. And the PL as a body say they want more evidence, surely go over to Europe and ask clubs like Borussia Dortmund who will provide the evidence they need.

Chuffed to bits that this has reached over 100,000 signatures (and rising!). Please do keep signing - its important that we make as big a noise about this as possible.

"A petition asking for Premier League and Championship clubs to be allowed to have safe-standing at their stadiums has been signed by 100,000 people. "

Not us then?

Sports Minister Tracey Crouch said she was "grateful" for fans "expressing their views on this issue".
"This will now give me the opportunity to discuss at length the nuances and complexities of sports ground safety in Parliament, if and when the Petitions Committee agree to it being debated," she added.

Thats into the long grass for the foreseeable future then.

Reality check................ 100,000 is a very very small number in a population of 64 million.

Shrewsbury are due to start installing safe-standing next month. I wonder what will happen if they’re promoted to the Championship? I presume they will be permitted to use the section still as it would have been in place before they earned promotion (became a Championship club).

Back
Top Bottom