ifollow info please

Parasites will :-
Find a way of viewing via vpn without paying or even paying the on the day fee
These scum deprive the transport system and the local town and the football club of on the day revenue.
Shame that our message board seem to approve the use of vpn.

We can choose to go and spend our hard earned in the local economy.
We can choose to watch or listen from the comfort of our own home.
We can do a hybrid option.
My club has got my ST money, anything else is a bonus.
It is the world of many choices.
That is the world that has been created by many things colliding and not by me, you or other parasitic scum. 🤷‍♂️

These scum deprive the transport system and the local town and the football club of on the day revenue.
There’s no way of using a VPN to watch the game for free. You have to pay £10 to watch the game on Ifollow using a VPN, some of which goes to the club. It’s unarguably better to do that than just not go, which is the choice the vast majority make.

There’s no way of using a VPN to watch the game for free. You have to pay £10 to watch the game on Ifollow using a VPN, some of which goes to the club. It’s unarguably better to do that than just not go, which is the choice the vast majority make.

Correct, unless it is being broadcast live on Sky where you can watch free streams. :)
The VPN only facilitates the ability to hide your location so you can watch the game as those in other countries can.
Still think its better that the club gets a portion of a £10 match pass than a portion of £2.50 for audio only. 🤷‍♂️

However, the removal of the Paypal button just makes it inconvenient and not as seamless as it was.

How would it work if I was out of the country and wanted to watch a midweek game? As I understand it I wouldn't be able to, as "they" would need payment through an overseas bank account. If I had a VPN would "they" then think I was in the UK and I could pay a tenner as per normal?

How would it work if I was out of the country and wanted to watch a midweek game? As I understand it I wouldn't be able to, as "they" would need payment through an overseas bank account. If I had a VPN would "they" then think I was in the UK and I could pay a tenner as per normal?

Or you could use Paypal which, I believe, doesn`t "carry" Country ID with it when you make a linked payment. :)

Thanks for the replies @WokinghamYellow @Malc and @Essexyellows

I've just bought my match pass for Tuesday's game, as I can't make it, although I am in the country, but it didn't give me a PayPal option, so I used my Debit Card, which seemed to be the only option? When I'm away for two games shortly I'll try it via a VPN and my Debit Card, or would Apple Pay be a better method of disguising things if PayPal isn't an option?

I would think putting any sort of a "gate" between payment source (UK Card) and provider (iFollow) helps in protecting your identity/location.

The reality will soon arrive that Clubs will have to be open to "hybrid" supporters and we have the dubious honour of starting that avalanche. :rolleyes:

Games gone.

Thanks for the replies @WokinghamYellow @Malc and @Essexyellows

I've just bought my match pass for Tuesday's game, as I can't make it, although I am in the country, but it didn't give me a PayPal option, so I used my Debit Card, which seemed to be the only option? When I'm away for two games shortly I'll try it via a VPN and my Debit Card, or would Apple Pay be a better method of disguising things if PayPal isn't an option?
I have a credit card which Mrs Lounger and I use just for holiday spending. It's one that doesn't charge for foreign currency transactions (Halifax Clarity Credit) By using this card I can pay for iFollow in Euro's and not pay any currency exchange charges. Actually works out slightly less than ÂŁ10.
And, we don't consider ourselves as "parasitic scum" for doing so. We are season ticket holders and travel to a lot of away games, some requiring lengthy travel or overnight stays.

Yes agree
I'm confused by this - what's wrong with using a VPN to watch the game? No chance I can go to matches live, but I drop a tenner into the club's pockets every week to watch the club I love and that makes me a parasite? Genuinely curious as to your thought process because to me that's baffling.
Yes agree, though I’m too lazy to work out VPNs! I can’t see a moral aspect

Trying to dodge the ifollow fee is a bit sad of course, but I think most people would be happy to pay a tenner to watch the game without complications

Trying to dodge the ifollow fee is a bit sad of course, but I think most people would be happy to pay a tenner to watch the game without complications

You can`t dodge the iFollow fee, the purpose of using a VPN is so you can actually watch and give the club ÂŁ10 if you can`t go.

The exception is if our game is broadcast by the leeches at SKY when free streams can become available and SKY are fair game in my book.

So are you happy that Charlton get no monetary benefit from you or another oxford fan watching their players put on a match at their ground?

What happens next week when Wycombe fans don’t come due to train strike?

Are you happy for them to vpn and watch from home ? Where does the money go ?
I’ll give you a clue it won’t be to our club …

So are you happy that Charlton get no monetary benefit from you or another oxford fan watching their players put on a match at their ground?

I don’t know the technicalities but the alternative to iFollow is not seeing the match. I’d never not go to a game because I could watch it online, but I might watch it online once I’d decided not to go.

I don’t know the technicalities but the alternative to iFollow is not seeing the match. I’d never not go to a game because I could watch it online, but I might watch it online once I’d decided not to go.

You’ve got it a**e about face. The alternative to seeing a game live on 3pm Saturdays is that you don’t legally from the uk . (Unless during the bizarre World Cup ).

RyanBirdio has come up with many alternatives for streaming that should be looked into , but there needs a fair share of revenues between the clubs and the league.

I'm not sure where this animosity is coming from. If I choose to pay to watch via iFollow, the respective club hosting the game will get paid. The only issue, at the moment, is the archaic stance taken by the EFL to place an embargo on games played on a Saturday at 3p.m. That embargo only affects those in the UK. Hence the use of a VPN.

My deciding to watch OUFC playing an away fixture and paying for the privilege does not, in any way at all, deprive OUFC of funds. iFollow, via the EFL, will still pay the club hosting the game. In this instance you portray all those watching the Charlton game via iFollow as depriving Charlton of any monetary benefit. This is simply not true.

A few people on here have given as health reasons why they cannot attend, so here's an idea.

Let's cut off the Pipeline that enables them to support their club and also gives them something to look forward too and focus on come match day.

When other things then dictate their spend, Don't be asking why they don't turn up anymore.

I think some people need to separate a couple of things, some of which we can control, some we can not.

The distribution/allocation of iFollow income for the clubs. That is for them to decide.

The ability, thanks to VPN, that UK supporters can pay to watch their club. That is for us to decide.

Lets face it if supporters can save ÂŁ100+ for a day out or buy a "virtual" ticket for ÂŁ10 then many might choose that option.

A long time ago people rightly raised the very same prediction when PTV started and were berated for even suggesting people would sacrifice watching on telly (at the time) compared to seeing the match live.

Now we can factor in advances in technology, meaning watching from the comfort of home, world affairs/cost of living/disposable income etc etc and the game has hit a perfect storm.

Back
Top Bottom