iFollow for 2020-21Season

I don't have ifollow, as a ST holder do I need to subscribe to it to be able to watch the games?
I don't really want to pay out £45 as I'll only use it to watch what I've already paid for by buying an ST.

Anyone know how that works?

You can register for free. There's an article on club website with the details now.

Chris Williams on the preview show says that the ifollow coverage will be back to the 1 camera on halfway as always. He alluded to it being the same coverage as sky use for their highlights and also that multiple camera angles etc at every ground on each match day round alongside the huge uplift in viewers would break the servers.

The QPR game was an in-house production and limited audience to ensure the server could cope with multiple cameras etc.

I don't have ifollow, as a ST holder do I need to subscribe to it to be able to watch the games?
I don't really want to pay out £45 as I'll only use it to watch what I've already paid for by buying an ST.

Anyone know how that works?

You can create an iFollow account for free. So you don't need to purchase the £45 pass. Just use the voucher code the club sends you for each home game.

I have just sent iFollow an email for the umpteenth time as when I log in to my account I can’t see interviews from the manager, player etc, i can find them through the search option but they won’t play.
they have said they are trying to find a fix for it, but it hasn’t happened yet.
anyone else with similar problems ?
Absolutely! I've been telling them for the last week or more that I can no longer log in to iFollow, having been a subscriber since the service started.

I've had enough now and requested reimbursement of the £45 they took out of my account two days ago.

The iFollow section of the club website is now confirming that the cost of the match video pass for Tuesday's EFL Trophy game is £10. That's a bit steep. Can't be worth the same as a League fixture surely?

as much as Id like to watch my team 'live' the many issues with ifollow, regularly flagged up on YF , plus all these recent glitches have put me right off spending £10 a time for sub quality stuttering footage ....BBC Radio Oxford will do for me, ....until the powers that be allow fans back in to watch matches in person

Does anyone know if you can log into multiple devices with one ifollow login? If I buy a match pass could I also allow my dad to log in on his phone too for example?

Does anyone know if you can log into multiple devices with one ifollow login? If I buy a match pass could I also allow my dad to log in on his phone too for example?
No, you cannot. You would be logged out when the other device logs on.

I watched most of the away games on iFollow last season with no problems.

Guess the concern is the increase in demand but you would hope this has been addressed.

But if you play it through your TV then several people can watch for the same £10
Smart TV's don't appear to work with iFollow. Tried this last year and got nowhere. Linked to the TV in the end via HDMI cable from laptop. Quality was shite but got a large screen version.
I have huge reservations about the streaming service, paid for the OUFC v Wombles game but if it doesn't work, I'll be thinking twice.

Smart TV's don't appear to work with iFollow. Tried this last year and got nowhere. Linked to the TV in the end via HDMI cable from laptop. Quality was shite but got a large screen version.
I have huge reservations about the streaming service, paid for the OUFC v Wombles game but if it doesn't work, I'll be thinking twice.
I've connected my laptop to a large Samsung TV with an HDMI cable for the last two seasons and it has always worked really well for matches on iFollow. I choose the highest available resolution in the settings drop down box which is 720. No way of knowing if there will be any degradation in quality if a few thousand of us stream at once though. In the past there were probably only a few hundred of us at the most, based overseas.

Chris Williams on the preview show says that the ifollow coverage will be back to the 1 camera on halfway as always. He alluded to it being the same coverage as sky use for their highlights and also that multiple camera angles etc at every ground on each match day round alongside the huge uplift in viewers would break the servers.

The QPR game was an in-house production and limited audience to ensure the server could cope with multiple cameras etc.
So we wont get the same coverage or the commentary we had for the qpr match. Thats a pity and a bit rubbish. Couldnt all the extra subscribers be enough to pay for more servers.

I know one could synch the radox commentary to the tv but still!

So we wont get the same coverage or the commentary we had for the qpr match. Thats a pity and a bit rubbish. Couldnt all the extra subscribers be enough to pay for more servers.

Sadly, it's nothing to do with the club. Not sure with the size of our media team at this point in time that we could maintain a QPR match style coverage for an entire season. It worked extremely well as a one-off.

iFollow is essentially an EFL service that the club can add additional content onto - as we see with the preview show etc. But in terms of the matchday operation, it's all outside of the club's remit. Bloke with camera on halfway, providing pictures back to wherever their server room is. Repeat for the 40 or so other sides that are at home on that day. Of course, in previous seasons, I imagine there's only ever a few hundred max watching the majority of L1 & L2 teams. Now for this season, if you take just our season ticket holders, you're probably increasing the audience by ten times. And that's before non season ticket holders who can now get access in the UK, and then you add in the "usual" overseas watchers. Replicate this across the 65 odd clubs who also use iFollow (a handful have their own in house stuff) and you can see why the EFL/iFollow want to keep it nice and simple.

The games on iFollow are already synced with Radio Oxford commentary.

What Chris is on about is what they did for the QPR game was done separately by the club due to it being a friendly.

Without wishing to challenge the apparent word of Chris Williams, but why would multiple camera angles have any effect on the ifollow servers. They (surely) wouldn't be providing a separate feed for each camera for the whole game to the central servers. The cameras would feed back to a mixer at the ground, be live cut into a (hopefully) sensible package,. and then the same one feed (as single camera) goes up to the servers. That being a lot of resource to have locally which would cost money is more the issue I would think.
Of course iFollow could be set up in a bafflingly stupid way....

Back
Top Bottom