International News Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II - 1926 to 2022

RIP a decent woman no matter what i think about a constitunional monarchy, sure she visited Marcham in about 78? and remember stood in New Road hoping she didn't turn into Parkside Maybe made it up...

Last edited by a moderator:
An amazing person and an amazing life. Always led by example. A constant presence in all our lives and whether you are a monarchist or not you, can only admire her dedication to and service of our nation and countless others around the world.

Rest in Peace.

Honoured to have served the Queen for the last 27 years. An incredible woman who may have lived a life of privilege but also gave everything in her own service.

The monarchy has changed, and will continue to do so. But we'll never see the likes of her again. RIP Boss

Unlike many of the commentators on here so far I would say I am a royalist, I think that we need some kind of constitutional head of state so why not a monarchy which has been part of this storied isle? And as someone who enjoys history it’s interesting to see how the likes of Henry V and Charles II have ruled over time.

That being said, it’s nice to see how everyone is coming together and recognising what a great contribution this Queen made, and what service she gave this country. Her father would be very proud I’m sure.

Rest in Peace Ma'am and may the Lord protect and comfort your family.

A truly iconic lady.

Heard this sad but not unexpected news at 40000ft above the Atlantic on route to Cape Verde. RIP Ma'am, go and join Phillip. You have done us all proud.
I have raised a tot of rum with a tear in my eye in your honor.