Gavin Whyte

Cardiff city centre won’t know what’s hit it when he gets the chopper out.

Good luck, Gav. Score a bucket load, get Cardiff promoted and then leave for a butt load of money.
Yes I was worried about his medical when they realised his middle leg was longer than the other two!!?
Good luck to Gav. Always great entertainment.

I'm actually disgusted with the board by this deal, and also Gavin Whyte.

Our clueless board have let our most valuable asset leave for half of what he's worth, which is quite frankly unbelievable, but I could've stomached it a bit better, if there was a part exchange in with the deal, but the useless twats couldn't even sort that, the morons.

I'm also disgusted with Gavin Whyte, with him knowing we'll struggle to replace him so late in the window, and after all we've done for him, turning him into a senior pro, and full international, and standing by him during his whole drunken pervert incident, you'd think he'd show a bit more loyalty, and be prepared to stick around for another season, to help us through a hard time, the way we helped him through a hard time, but he jumps ship and abandons us at the first opportunity, disgusting.

There really is no such thing as loyalty or decency in football anymore.
Umm. I assume the comments about Gavin Whyte are a joke? No one suggests that he was agitating for a move. And he carried on training and playing. But clearly Tiger wanted to sell him to errr ‘re-invest’ in the club.....but hang on, you’re right, he should have turned down a move to play one division higher, to treble (and the rest) his wages, and staying at a club that couldn’t wait to cash in on him.......

I'm also disgusted with Gavin Whyte, with him knowing we'll struggle to replace him so late in the window, and after all we've done for him, turning him into a senior pro, and full international, and standing by him during his whole drunken pervert incident, you'd think he'd show a bit more loyalty, and be prepared to stick around for another season, to help us through a hard time, the way we helped him through a hard time, but he jumps ship and abandons us at the first opportunity, disgusting.

Laughable.

Our clueless board have let our most valuable asset leave for half of what he's worth, which is quite frankly unbelievable, but I could've stomached it a bit better, if there was a part exchange in with the deal, but the useless twats couldn't even sort that, the morons.

Wow! Someone's taken this break up badly!!!

This is the reality of where we are.

100k to 2 mil with hopefully some add ons. In a year.

That’s exactly the kind of business we need to be doing every season.

It’s a bit depressing when it happens, but hopefully it gives us a bit to reinvest and highlights the club as a viable option for talented players to use as a shop window.

No issue with Whyte taking the deal as I'm sure it's in his best interests and it's the nature of the game so good luck to him. Not overly impressed with the deal (if it is what has been suggested on here). People wonder why clubs come in for our better players but when we're seen to be willing to let them go for close to 50% of their value it's not really a surprise.

I'm all for being a selling club but we are the ones who should be playing the hard ball or not at all. Particularly when we could have held out, watched him potentially have a good start to the season and sold in January for an inflated price. I know there's ifs, buts and maybes in there but it's not great.

Still for Tiger I guess it brings him one step closer to buying the club he's currently got on tick. Let's hope we find some more permanent rising stars that we can nurture for a year or two before selling at a competitive price in the future.

This is a YES / NO here...

If you naively think there is loyalty in football well I hope this has opened your eyes!

1) If he has gone for 2 Mill (as speculated) and it is not all cash plus add-ons to take it over 4 Mill and we do not see that initial 2 Mill reinvested this season we are right up the shitter!

2) Why disgusted with Gavin? football careers are short and you are only one nasty tackle away from the end, I say thanks Gav hope you make it to the top.

No real surprise to see it’s an undisclosed fee (hate that, bloody killjoys) and no players swapped in return.

Cardiff end seem to believe it's £1.5m upfront, rising to £2m with addons.

This is the reality of where we are.

100k to 2 mil with hopefully some add ons. In a year.

That’s exactly the kind of business we need to be doing every season.

It’s a bit depressing when it happens, but hopefully it gives us a bit to reinvest and highlights the club as a viable option for talented players to use as a shop window.

Cardiff end seem to believe it's £1.5m upfront, rising to £2m with addons.

Sounds about right with the £2 million quoted. £300,000 grand to crusaders then, leaves us with £1.2 million for a player we had for a year, made a decent profit really, £1.1 million profit isn’t to be sneezed at. How much goes to Eales?

Umm. I assume the comments about Gavin Whyte are a joke? No one suggests that he was agitating for a move. And he carried on training and playing. But clearly Tiger wanted to sell him to errr ‘re-invest’ in the club.....but hang on, you’re right, he should have turned down a move to play one division higher, to treble (and the rest) his wages, and staying at a club that couldn’t wait to cash in on him.......
I see all your points, but when Kemar Roofe had the chance to leave in January, he turned it down, as he wanted to repay the faith we'd shown in him and help us through the rest of the season, he then got an even better move, and I didn't have a problem with that at all, I was grateful for all he'd done for us, and the loyalty he'd shown, and wished him well for the rest of his career.

I just feel that Whyte could've treated us better, after all we've done for him, as he still would've got a big money move at the end of the season anyway, and probably to a much bigger club than Cardiff.

Sorry if people think I'm wrong, but thats just the way I feel, maybe I'm just feeling bitter about the whole thing, but after such a disastrous summer transfer window, who can blame me?

I just hope we manage to now plug the gaping holes all over our squad with some decent quality players, and we still manage to salvage a half decent season

Back
Top Bottom