Frank Lampard

Frank Lampard

• Total voters
The bookies? Who made it up to make money. Happens everytime.

You keep having a go at the satchel men bud unfortunately in this case it could not be them as if he was already manager the betting would be suspended and no bets accepted

You keep having a go at the satchel men bud unfortunately in this case it could not be them as if he was already manager the betting would be suspended and no bets accepted
Not having a go at anyone - just throwing my two pence out there.

I'd have been alright with Lampard at the start of the season when the squad was in a decent state, but with the ways things are looking at the the moment I don't think I'd want to leave it to a first time manager.

Yes there is that they have around 50 out on loan now and most of them will never make the 1st team.
Look at the scum last season the brought in 3 on loan from Chelsea to save their season, it didn’t work and where are they now?
On the flip side we could discount any chance of signing Martinez (or any other player) from West Ham.

I'd have been alright with Lampard at the start of the season when the squad was in a decent state, but with the ways things are looking at the the moment I don't think I'd want to leave it to a first time manager.

Inclined to agree. Poisoned chalice. Might need one to keep us up then boot them and get him in for next season (being cynical)

Inclined to agree. Poisoned chalice. Might need one to keep us up then boot them and get him in for next season (being cynical)

Naaa, get Frank in now, he’ll have Fantastic contacts in the game, players will respect him, he’ll do well no doubt about it IF we get him

• React
Reactions: DSM
How much does one season managing Xemi level players prepare you? Mind you it worked for Zidane as well.

Aren’t we the Barcelona b in this case? Seems a bit unfair that no ex England players can be given a chance, if you look at Ajax they give plenty of big name ex players a go.

Football is supposed to be fun and exciting, why can’t we ever have a bit of that? Not like making cautious appointments has worked that well for us, been 20 years since we played in the second tier of English football.

I wonder how Lampard would cope with coaching Gino after playing with the likes of Hazard and Robben

YES YES YES YESYES YES.....no

I sincerely hope not. It would be a glamour signing and sod all else.No managerial experience, no experience of this league and no managerial clout. A big and completely unecessary risk. I also suspect he makes more money as a pundit. I accept that he has to start somewhere but let him cut his teeth elsewhere. We need experience and a wise head. (not Dennis Wise-please)

No one will be an instant success, players look lost at the moment, just get them organised and give them a boost is the best any manager can do with the rest of the season, Lampard stands as much chance as anyone at doing that.

Grayson struggled to get anything out of those Sunderland players, all that experience didn’t help him get the most out of better players than we have. I doubt he would even risk coming here, two flops in a row would be a massive black mark against him.

We won’t get the men you mention, we don’t pay enough and we are not attractive enough, their I should a reason we go for novices every time, this one just happens to be more famous.

We will see, I got a feeling that not paying enough won’t be an issue this time, and that frank like last time is just a bookies way of making money.

U don’t find it funny that since the summer he’s not been linked with any other jobs? Not one? Not even in the running for the mk or Southend jobs at this level.

Grayson struggled to get anything out of those Sunderland players, all that experience didn’t help him get the most out of better players than we have. I doubt he would even risk coming here, two flops in a row would be a massive black mark against him.

We won’t get the men you mention, we don’t pay enough and we are not attractive enough, their I should a reason we go for novices every time, this one just happens to be more famous.
I don't feel that Grayson had enough time at Sunderland. Managers need Time to build their team and get their players playing how he likes. If you compare the team we had when he took over compared to the team we have now, then you can see what Grayson has built here at Deepdale.

We will see, I got a feeling that not paying enough won’t be an issue this time, and that frank like last time is just a bookies way of making money.

U don’t find it funny that since the summer he’s not been linked with any other jobs? Not one? Not even in the running for the mk or Southend jobs at this level.
If memory serves me right he was linked with te job at North End before Neil came

If he was appointed I would obviously back him and it couldn’t be denied that there would be a large element of excitement but I do think we need to look for an experienced manager with extensive knowledge of the lower leagues without him being a ‘dinosaur’. He needs to be progressive with his methods and embrace the model of bringing young talent on. Is the perfect candidate out there?,

There would be very few more attractive to play for in the eyes of “young talent” than Frank Lampard. He would most certainly have access to some of the young under 23 players that ran rings round our squad yesterday, and no doubt other academy team players across the country/world. Granted he may not have the managerial knowledge, but being a manager is much more than just picking the team and setting tactics.

• React
Reactions: Ian
I don't feel that Grayson had enough time at Sunderland. Managers need Time to build their team and get their players playing how he likes. If you compare the team we had when he took over compared to the team we have now, then you can see what Grayson has built here at Deepdale.

If he thought he would get time at Sunderland then he is incredibly naive, they change managers every six months. Grayson is a bit of a league one Neil Warnock, it’s his preferred level to work at and the one he works best at. I just feel he has seen how much he can earn at a championship club and it has put him off dropping down a level till he is certain he won’t get a job in the champ again.

U don’t find it funny that since the summer he’s not been linked with any other jobs? Not t one? Not even in the running for the mk or Southend jobs at this level.

I am not even certain Lampard is in the running, could be anything from Chris Allen to Sir Alf Ramsay for how confused I am by goings on at the moment, I just don’t have a problem with him starting here.

If he thought he would get time at Sunderland then he is incredibly naive, they change managers every six months. Grayson is a bit of a league one Neil Warnock, it’s his preferred level to work at and the one he works best at. I just feel he has seen how much he can earn at a championship club and it has put him off dropping down a level till he is certain he won’t get a job in the champ again.
I can see what you mean and I agree with you. He Is the best manger to have to get from L1 to the championship and then remain there. He did it with us, Blackpool and Leeds I think. But I think Sunderland were stupid to appoint him as they should have known what type of manager he is.

Back
Top Bottom