Frank Lampard

Frank Lampard

• Total voters
Remember our all important transfer model is to try and attract young, hungry, English (fetch more £££), players who will usually be available from Premier League and Championship clubs. There is no bigger named candidate out there to attract those players than a certain Mr Frank Lampard. What with Clotet's signings being seemingly the total opposite of the "model" it wouldn't surprise me if Eales, along with some influence from the scouting department, might just take the gamble.

Agreed it would be a big risk, bigger so than a safe bet like Grayson. If it were my money I'd probably appoint Grayson for his CV and 4 promotions from our league. Having said that, how badly does our entire club need a huge lift, some excitement, bums on seats, raised profile etc etc. It may not always be the sensible choice but neither was Ramon Diaz, so long as we don't get relegated I think I'd rather enjoy it!

All in all, it could be a lot worse than bringing in Super Frank. So fear not whilst he's the front runner!

Another thing to consider, I'm sure it was widely rumoured he was interviewed last time after Mapp left. Would you interview someone again if you didn't want them the first time round? Another interview tells me they might be very tempted!

No wind up.... I would genuinely be happy with DE taking this risk.

And I agree it is a risk, but past performance and success brings no guarantees about future successes.

So let’s have some young and enthusiastic blood with someone who has masses to prove and a lot at stake personally.

If Lamps has the balls to take this role, I will hold the faith.

Many comments on here about not wanting footballers who are in the twighlight years and pushing for young talent to be given a fair crack. So why a different attitude to a potential young manager.

Maybe Lamps profile will also be the catalyst to attract investment.
A different attitude is required because it's a completely different job.

Heard that Darren Purse was at last nights game and that he has confirmed that he has applied for the vacant role.

Looks like he has been learning the game and been involved at a number of clubs, in general positive feedback from what i can see.

• React
Reactions: Ian
Four promotions - exactly the reason why we won't get Grayson. He's ticked that box and has no reason to drop down again. He also achieved three of those promotions with Leeds, Preston and Huddersfield. Without discrediting the achievement, it was hardly against the odds to get those clubs out of the division.
Four promotions - exactly the reason why we won't get Grayson. He's ticked that box and has no reason to drop down again. He also achieved three of those promotions with Leeds, Preston and Huddersfield. Without discrediting the achievement, it was hardly against the odds to get those clubs out of the division.
But he's out of work and getting teams promoted from League 1 is what he does. Seems a no brainer to me.

Not sure if it’s already been talked about but would Faz have worked with Lampard when he was with the England set-up under Keegan?

Does Lampard have all his coaching badges? Anyone?

It would be odd to give him the job considering developing young talent is the model

If he does have them, fine

Plus an A* in GCSE Latin - could prove invaluable with our international squad.
A couple of swimming certificates too.... handy for baling out a sinking ship?:unsure:

Back
Top Bottom