Away Match Day Thread +++ Fleetwood Town v OUFC Match Day Thread +++

Maybe we expect to much. Some people say we should be beating teams like Fleetwood but they have a far bigger budget than us. I am not hiding from the fact though that they need to sort it out because it’s not good enough. I am confident though that they will because they have the players to do it.
But how have do Fleetwood have a bigger budget? Crowds of less than 3,000 on average and he can’t have that many offices to rent out when you take into account of the wages for Madden, Evans, Coyle, Coutts and Morris to begin with and the rest of the Fleetwood 1st team squad.

Last edited:
Got to ask, how many of those 50 corners we’ve had this year have we created anything from?

We’d create more at corners if a player holds out at the far side of the box e.g. opposite side from where the corner is taken. The ball tends to be over kicked or flicked on by the defender, so if one of our players hangs back they would have a chance to go for goal or hopefully put a decent ball back into the danger area!

That's very ambitious of you but I think it would be a miracle if we stayed in this league and yes we may expect too much but when out chairman goes on about wanting to be a championship club you get excited and sort of expect it don't you??
No because the clubs at the top of this league have far bigger budgets than us.
Unless Tiger etc is prepared to throw a load of money at it. Probably can’t because of FFP.

Robinson lost the game today. We had a two minute spell 15 minutes from the end when we started to press, forced mistakes, got a couple of shots away and had Fosu warming up with just a bib on, ready to go. He sat him down and waited and waited, and then only brought him on when the ball hit the net for their second. We lost our fleeting momentum, they scored and then the dynamic changed totally. He also failed to stop them ploughing forward as they could just bring the ball out and stroll past Mackie and Henry for the last half an hour, and they began going close and flashing the ball across our goal constantly. We needed someone with some semblance of pace off the bench just to hit the ball forward to, to turn them and make them think twice, and to stop them bringing the ball out and bombing forward from the back. Lots of people around me saw this as well - it was widely felt.

I’ve not said anything about him this season, but he got that badly wrong and needs to do something to force an upturn soon, because in terms of points v games it’s almost identical to last season, and now the performances are starting to dip.

Massive chance for points coming up with Tranmere and Bolton. Two wins to blow the cobwebs off, please all.

What a disappointing start to the season after it looked on paper we got some decent players in, no idea how things are going to change so another uphill battle through the season.

How can Robbo seriously suggest we were better team from those highlights - there is putting a positive spin on things and there is pure delusion

Tiger will not do anything anyway - he loves Robbo and isn't exactly an itchy trigger finger - exactly the opposite of Watford

Where does the blame lie for yet another horrendous start to the season??
Robinson & Scotchegg!

Scotchegg, you might know what’s going on behind the scenes at the club, but you know f**k all about football.

But still a random piece of abuse to give out after a loss. @Scotchegg hasn't even commented today on the thread

I guess it makes perfect sense to blame an irrelevant poster on an irrelevant internet forum (to quote the Chino Kid) for this defeat. After all, what other reason could there possibly be for us to lose away at an in form Fleetwood who we've never beaten?

So sorry guys, I'll promise to pull my finger out for Tranmere and make @uptheus proud!!!

I guess it makes perfect sense to blame an irrelevant poster on an irrelevant internet forum (to quote the Chino Kid) for this defeat. After all, what other reason could there possibly be for us to lose away at an in form Fleetwood who we've never beaten?

So sorry guys, I'll promise to pull my finger out for Tranmere and make @uptheus proud!!!

You need to stop conceding and start banging in twenty goals a season.

At some point the light will go on and we will put Mous or another as the third midfielder, we are being overrun in midfield game after game imo

Back
Top Bottom