Away Match Day Thread +++ Fleetwood Town v OUFC Match Day Thread +++

The club have fallen into the 'Deane Smalley Trap' in giving Robinson another contract, I fear. That's the one when you judge a player/manager on their last half season rather than over the whole piece.

As it is he seems to be performing exactly as he did at the start last time out and doing the same sort of things - signing unfit players late, mucking about putting people in either odd positions or ones we already know don't work, making bizarre substitutions, knackering players by playing four pre-season games in five days (or whatever it was), using early season games as pre-season (playing an unfit Hall? really?) etc - and the results are oddly, but unsurprisingly similar. Is the next thing going to be playing a prem team at home in a cup game in an incredibly passive way to try to ensure that we just don't get beaten too badly? Groundhog Day!

Since he is apparently here for the duration, I hope he manages to turn it around bloody quickly this time. Starting Saturday - I'd like to see a team that actually started playing BEFORE they gave their opponents a goal or two start, please...

Back
Top Bottom