Tickets Fleetwood (A) - Collection Only

captainox

Any one have any idea why Fleetwood away tickets are collection only from OUFC ticket office?

No info on whether pay on the day will be available
No info on whether collection at Fleetwood is possible (surely it will be?!)

Both these bits of information are normally included in the ticket articles on our website and noticeably aren't this time.
Why in this modern age, is it made so difficult to get simple information or answers to questions?!
Have seen multiple people on Twitter ask about what to do if you live away from Oxford and want to go to the game with no responses from either club.

Seem to remember that last season, Fleetwood made a late call the day before to guarantee that there would be enough tickets available on the day for those who wanted them as we had gone close to selling out the 400 seats allocated in advance.

Edit - a friend has just bought his ticket over the phone and was told it's definitely collection only - no reason given.
And that at this time there isn't collection available from Fleetwood.
Surely if they multiple uncollected tickets they'll send them up for on the day

Last edited:
They're probably fed up with the Royal Mail losing tickets.

My guess is the tickets are not barcoded or numbered, so Fleetwood have maybe lost out in the past by fans falsely claiming a ticket has been lost in the post or received too late and then getting another one reserved at the ground.

Any one have any idea why Fleetwood away tickets are collection only from OUFC ticket office?

No info on whether pay on the day will be available
No info on whether collection at Fleetwood is possible (surely it will be?!)

Both these bits of information are normally included in the ticket articles on our website and noticeably aren't this time.
Why in this modern age, is it made so difficult to get simple information or answers to questions?!
Have seen multiple people on Twitter ask about what to do if you live away from Oxford and want to go to the game with no responses from either club.

Seem to remember that last season, Fleetwood made a late call the day before to guarantee that there would be enough tickets available on the day for those who wanted them as we had gone close to selling out the 400 seats allocated in advance.

Edit - a friend has just bought his ticket over the phone and was told it's definitely collection only - no reason given.
And that at this time there isn't collection available from Fleetwood.
Surely if they multiple uncollected tickets they'll send them up for on the day
This was a complete shambles last season. I emailed Fleetwood the day before the game to see if they could put a ticket aside for me and was categorically told no, and that I would have to travel 200 miles each way at my own risk with no way of knowing if there were any tickets left until I arrived at the ticket office. I hadn’t been able to buy in advance as I previously wasn’t going to be able to attend, and then an hour or two later they changed their minds.

Good to see they got their act together this season 🙃

This was a complete shambles last season. I emailed Fleetwood the day before the game to see if they could put a ticket aside for me and was categorically told no, and that I would have to travel 200 miles each way at my own risk with no way of knowing if there were any tickets left until I arrived at the ticket office. I hadn’t been able to buy in advance as I previously wasn’t going to be able to attend, and then an hour or two later they changed their minds.

They're probably still stunned people voluntarily want to go to Fleetwood.

I really thought the club was making progress in the off pitch area but, no. Yet more backward steps. Yet more simple tasks made difficult. Why? What is the problem? @OUSP Secretary & @OxVox can anything be done? Can someone please take Uncle Timmy to one side and shove something large and blunt where the sun doesn't shine and get his attention?
This is one more stupid nonsense item on a long list.
Fans Forum is required, answers must be forthcoming.

That might be why we had 500+ in an area with a capacity of 450.
Good to see we are getting the terrace this time.

See last year's match build up thread

Started off that only returned tickets would be available on the day, before Fleetwood changed their mind and said all walk-ups would be OK.

Response received from the ticket office

"We can not post tickets as if any get lost in the post etc Fleetwood can not reprint any tickets. If you have booked your tickets and would like them posted this is at your own risk.
Fleetwood have yet to tell us if pay on the day is going to be available and yes what isn’t collected will go to Fleetwood for collection on the day.
"

If it's as simple as that, then all that info could just be on the website piece (like it has been for other games this season)!
Especially the bit about collection at Fleetwood.

Mate of mine rang the ticket office to ask if he could collect from Fleetwood, as he lives 10 miles from their ground and cannot get to Oxford to collect, and they apparently told him that no tickets will be able to be collected from Fleetwood on the day. They’ve said they’ll post his tickets at his own risk but if they don’t turn up then they won’t be replaced.

Sounds like a complete nightmare with no clear messaging. Again.

Back
Top Bottom