Fan's View Fan's View 22/23 - No.29 - Fleetwood away

When it is cold, windy and wet the last thing you want is being forced into seats in the lower tier. At least on a terrace, standing up and moving about a bit one can keep a bit warmer, as long as it is under cover as Fleetwood is.
I didn't understand the selection of both Murphy & Wilschut from the start. Away at a place like Fleetwood you need a bit more bite in the middle from the start.

When it is cold, windy and wet the last thing you want is being forced into seats in the lower tier. At least on a terrace, standing up and moving about a bit one can keep a bit warmer, as long as it is under cover as Fleetwood is.
I didn't understand the selection of both Murphy & Wilschut from the start. Away at a place like Fleetwood you need a bit more bite in the middle from the start.
They make a few more quid by forcing us into the seats. Might have been even colder on the terraces with the wind full in our faces but as you say we could have kept moving around.

Hope I'm wrong, but I'd have thought the chances of keeping Lewis Bate beyond this season are exactly 0.00

Took a couple of months to find his legs, during which time I was wondering what all the fuss was about. But now you can clearly see how good he is, and I expect him to be our best player over the rest of the season.

I'll be shocked if he's not at least playing in the Championship next season.

Also, the US commentators on the Arsenal game - Danny Higginbotham and, I think, Derek Rae (they were absolutely excellent, by the way) - didn't think that the "handball" would have been given by VAR. Something along the lines of it's a penalty if the ball strikes your arm in an unnatural position, but if you're using that arm to brace your fall, rather than in an attempt to block the ball, that's natural and fine.
Anyways, it is 100% clear that they need to rewrite the handball rule, because at the moment it is clear as mud.

Hope I'm wrong, but I'd have thought the chances of keeping Lewis Bate beyond this season are exactly 0.00

Took a couple of months to find his legs, during which time I was wondering what all the fuss was about. But now you can clearly see how good he is, and I expect him to be our best player over the rest of the season.

I'll be shocked if he's not at least playing in the Championship next season.

Also, the US commentators on the Arsenal game - Danny Higginbotham and, I think, Derek Rae (they were absolutely excellent, by the way) - didn't think that the "handball" would have been given by VAR. Something along the lines of it's a penalty if the ball strikes your arm in an unnatural position, but if you're using that arm to brace your fall, rather than in an attempt to block the ball, that's natural and fine.
Anyways, it is 100% clear that they need to rewrite the handball rule, because at the moment it is clear as mud.
Have to agree about Bate - think we have slightly more chance with Joseph though.

They have made the rookie mistake there of using common sense when thinking both about how handball is applied and how VAR is used!

Back
Top Bottom