Fan's View Fans View

NottsYellow

I wonder if we will have a pre-season fans view from PaulB.
I'm sure his valued thoughts and scribblings on matters over the summer will be well received.

Very much looking forward to PB’s Fan Views. Been missing them over the summer. Not even a FV about his exotic holidays. [emoji38]

Very much looking forward to PB’s Fan Views. Been missing them over the summer. Not even a FV about his exotic holidays. [emoji38]

An exotic holiday featuring CAMRA membership, micro pubs and lashings of real ale!

Sounds like heaven!😎

Not that I don't appreciate these, but seeing how good the writing and opinions are, you're more than welcome to contribute to other sections of this forum regularly, rather than purely to post your blogs!

I had to take it as a sign of things to come when you popped up on my list of Facebook suggestions to "friend" and, here we are, first FV of the new season, pre-emptory but all the same!
Thanks @Paul B Off to Derby it is!

Not that I don't appreciate these, but seeing how good the writing and opinions are, you're more than welcome to contribute to other sections of this forum regularly, rather than purely to post your blogs!
Very tempted to. But it is so easy to get sucked in and spend even more time on it. For the record I have not posted in chat on the Rage On site for many many years. (That though is a lot to do with a technical issue believe it or not).

Thanks Paul, great summary.
I do feel the defensive side is just as much keeping a regular and consistent back 4 (or 5 incl goalie, or 6 incl CDM) as well as qualities of individual players.
Communication and understanding across that defensive unit is vital.
I lost count the number of times we chopped and changed the back 4 last season.
Herbie Kane, at times looked great, but as you say never actually scored a goal and I don't think he actually integrated with the defence that well, insofar as he didn't correctly cover for a defender when they were out of position, a situation Gorrin can read very well, especially when our full backs go forward.

Good to see you back Paul. I always look forward to your writing.
Did you suggest that McGuane hadn't scored for us?
I seem to recall him scoring a cracking goal for us last season but could be wrong.

I seem to recall him scoring a cracking goal for us last season but could be wrong.

McGuane scored at home vs Bristol Rovers in the 2-2 FA Cup draw:

Of course we lost the replay with that capitulation.

He has not scored in the league. Got one in the draw with Brizzle in the FA Cup.

It's the hope that gets you, Paul!

All power to your pen / keyboard in the new season, having some clean sheets to report on would make a pleasant change.

Back
Top Bottom