Oi was at the game yesterday, Jerome.... (Alternative fans view?)

I never leave early, partly because I don't want to miss anything but also because I can walk home from the ground. I understand people who are keen to avoid the traffic, but don't get the ones that always leave when the board goes up, even if we are 1-0 up or down in a really exciting game! That's the best bit you fools!

Torquay away when we were 3 nil down and I think it was Jon Ashton got sent off.
Droylsdon away when it was on TV. That was when I knew we really had sunk to our lowest.
Wigan at home last season.

Torquay away when we were 3 nil down and I think it was Jon Ashton got sent off.
Droylsdon away when it was on TV. That was when I knew we really had sunk to our lowest.
Wigan at home last season.

As bad as the Wigan game was, that was a class outfit we played. Droylsden were a bunch of builders and bakers

A couple of home games last season when Pep was manager.

My brother left the amazing Pompey 5-5 in the 90s when we were 3-0 down. :)

What's happening is such a shame because I was so looking forward to going to Sunderland this season. Can't really justify spending all that money if the team aren't going to make it a competitive affair.

Things could get ugly there. They've made a good start in the league despite Wyke and McGeouch being out injured. A Maguire orchestrated heavy defeat with Stewy D, Chartle MethHead and J Satori holding court amongst the Mackam faithful will be a bitter pill to swallow.

Last edited:
Things could get ugly there. They've made a good start in the league despite Wyke and McGeouch being out injured. The thought of a Maguire orchestrated heavy defeat with Stewy D, Chartle MethHead and J Satori holding court amongst the Mackam faithful will be a bitter pill to swallow.

I feel sick thinking about it!

I've left early, Wigan last year and a few in the Conference years.

Things could get ugly there. They've made a good start in the league despite Wyke and McGeouch being out injured. The thought of a Maguire orchestrated heavy defeat with Stewy D, Chartle MethHead and J Satori holding court amongst the Mackam faithful will be a bitter pill to swallow.

In a backwards way, everything is pointing towards a shock Oxford away win! Whatever happens expect Charlie to be logging in here constantly in the days leading up to the game. If we do lose the old chap will find it even harder not to post his thoughts on here.

Yup; Wigan last season. But also Port Vale in the cup. Barnsley this year. The only three in fifty years. Going to Sunderland. Terrified.

Can't say I've ever left many early. We lost to a last minute goal against Crewe under Wilder a few seasons back and I just about got out the ground as the final whistle went.

I did switch off the Chelsea U23 games last year mid-way through the second half as that was a miserable watch.

In a backwards way, everything is pointing towards a shock Oxford away win! Whatever happens expect Charlie to be logging in here constantly in the days leading up to the game. If we do lose the old chap will find it even harder not to post his thoughts on here.

I just hope Charlie keeps a cool (fore)head if we somehow beat them.

I remember leaving early during the early Appleton days at home against scunthorpe
Scunthorpe were top 3 and scored 2 in the first 20 odd mins.
They were so much better in every department it was pointless.
I left at half time. I live in America so get to see Oxford only very occasionally, that’s how bad it was

Only left early twice.

One was a Wilder game, can't remember against who but we were dreadful, left 10 mins before the end.

Second time was Blackpool at home last season, left 30 minutes in.

Left early at Barnsley. Wanted to get out of that leisure centre car park. Was on the M1 by 5:10.

Me and my mate did twice last season me after the 3rd goal against Wigan and he joined me a bit later saying it was 4-0 now to Wigan, the other game was Doncaster at home when their player rolled around for 2 minutes in extra time and we decided to get because refs blow up 10secs after he game restarts, and ffs we end up with a sensible ref and we miss Ruffles goal....... damn that will teach is

Things could get ugly there. They've made a good start in the league despite Wyke and McGeouch being out injured. A Maguire orchestrated heavy defeat with Stewy D, Chartle MethHead and J Satori holding court amongst the Mackam faithful will be a bitter pill to swallow.

Something like this, perhaps:

“A third goal arrived three minutes before the break, and it was the pick of the bunch as Lynden Gooch exchanged passes with George Honeyman before crossing for Maguire, who converted via an impudent back-heel.”

Well, Jerome. Oi stayed to the bitter (and it was) end last night. Must say I thought the first half was much much better than our other league games this season. When we pressured them, they made mistakes (funny old thing, that) Sadly, the Accy Management eventually remembered that we are exceedingly fragile in defensive areas and worked on that. Paid off for them.

Nonetheless, lasts nights performance did show some (limited) cause for optimism and that's from someone whose cup is never half full, merely half empty or empty.....

?

Back
Top Bottom