Fan's View Fan's View 21/22 - no.45 - Morecambe away

Football is a game of fine margins and it depends on who wins the tackles and the loose balls.
Bossing the game, determination, winning battles are phrases you have used Paul.
Cam B has these attributes, he will win 80% of the battles in midfield but unfortunately replace him with Macguane and he probably wins no more than 20%.
That is one of hell of a difference, effectively out of a midfield skirmish, if Cam plays we go forward 8 of 10 times, if Maguane the battles are not won and the opposition normally are attacking us.
Some of the games Maguane has started - Wycombe A, Accrington, Morecambe, Plymouth, Bristol Rovers * 2, Doncaster (we did win that one, but only just) QPR, Wigan * 2, Rotherham, and for a bit of balance Gillingham A but the Gills had zero bite. There are only 2 wins in those 12 games.
That’s interesting. Really we need two Brannagans. Maybe McGuane could play further forward.

I think that’s one of the most negative fans views I’ve read Paul, max power said a couple of seasons ago about our soft underbelly and nothing has changed since then.

Football is a game of fine margins and it depends on who wins the tackles and the loose balls.
Bossing the game, determination, winning battles are phrases you have used Paul.
Cam B has these attributes, he will win 80% of the battles in midfield but unfortunately replace him with Macguane and he probably wins no more than 20%.
That is one of hell of a difference, effectively out of a midfield skirmish, if Cam plays we go forward 8 of 10 times, if Maguane the battles are not won and the opposition normally are attacking us.
Some of the games Maguane has started - Wycombe A, Accrington, Morecambe, Plymouth, Bristol Rovers * 2, Doncaster (we did win that one, but only just) QPR, Wigan * 2, Rotherham, and for a bit of balance Gillingham A but the Gills had zero bite. There are only 2 wins in those 12 games.

I made a very similar point on another thread re:Cam and the midfield battle - Cam has missed 5 League games this season and we lost of 4 of them. Flipping that around, our record WITH Cam this season in the League is:
P36 W19 D9 L8 PTS 66. With a PPG of 1.83. Equating to 84 points over the course of the season (for comparison, we are on 1.68 PPG and on course for 77pts).

I still can't decide which it is, as your posts don't contain correct grammar or punctuation, so it'd difficult to ascertain whether you're asking a question, or stating a fact?

But my money's on stupid.

Well, better than sounding like a moron, and I get good holidays.

I still can't decide which it is, as your posts don't contain correct grammar or punctuation, so it'd difficult to ascertain whether you're asking a question, or stating a fact?

I made a very similar point on another thread re:Cam and the midfield battle - Cam has missed 5 League games this season and we lost of 4 of them. Flipping that around, our record WITH Cam this season in the League is:
P36 W19 D9 L8 PTS 66. With a PPG of 1.83. Equating to 84 points over the course of the season (for comparison, we are on 1.68 PPG and on course for 77pts).

Can't always trust Soccerbase to get it right always but they usually do. And these figures include all competitions but they are very telling.
That's Wins / Draws / Losses from left to right obviously.

1649415708763.png

1649415756125.png

Can't always trust Soccerbase to get it right always but they usually do. And these figures include all competitions but they are very telling.
That's Wins / Draws / Losses from left to right obviously.

View attachment 8604

View attachment 8605
I think those stats must include the Pizza Pot Trophy, so one of the games Maguane won was v Spurs youngsters. So other competitive games the record is W3 D6 D6.
The guy certainly has some footballing talent but we can't have him in our formation in central midfield with the likes of Holland and other wingers where so much depends on the midfield winning the ball.

I think those stats must include the Pizza Pot Trophy, so one of the games Maguane won was v Spurs youngsters. So other competitive games the record is W3 D6 D6.
The guy certainly has some footballing talent but we can't have him in our formation in central midfield with the likes of Holland and other wingers where so much depends on the midfield winning the ball.
Yes they do include the PPT.

Screenshot_2022-04-08-20-07-09-89_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12~2.jpg

Neither. I'm doing it because what you posted made no sense without correct punctuation. You know, like question marks after a question, for example.

As well as stupid, or on a wind up, I'll add seeking attention Screenshot_2022-04-08-20-24-11-42_680d03679600f7af0b4c700c6b270fe7~3.jpgScreenshot_2022-04-08-10-50-27-50_680d03679600f7af0b4c700c6b270fe7~2.jpgto your character traits too.
Really? Not that I'm one to judge.

Well, this thread took a very unexpected turn.
Wonder what Sunderland will bring.

Those stats regarding Cam and McGuane are really eye opening. Now that we’ve switched to 3 at the back where does a McGuane fit in to the team? If we play a 3412 sytem which is what we appear to be adopting then you need two solid ball winning midfielders to cover the back three and the wingbacks getting forward, and a number 10 behind the front two. The only place where McGuane would fit in to that formation is at 10 but we’re already well stocked in that area. You could also argue that Kane and the out and out wingers are also obsolete in this formation. Hence square pegs in round holes.

Back
Top Bottom