Votes: 63 38.0%
  • Yes, but after the season finishes

Votes: 91 54.8%
  • No

Votes: 12 7.2%

• Total voters
For me season end .
We will know what league we are in .
Therefore any questions should deal with the hear, now and the future pathway.
The answers should then follow the above, rather than being overly influenced by “it depends on our league status”

Voted for after the season purely to see what our board are really made of.

In the event we go down, I’d like to see how they own that and how far along they are with their planning for promotion from L2 which in my eyes should already be in their thoughts. If we were destined for a play off finish now, we would be planning ahead for both promotion or another season in L1 and I see relegation no differently. We should be prepared. But I’m more interested in them taking ownership of it face to face with the fans they have unforgivably let down.

In the event we stay up, I’d like to know what mistakes they will confess to have made and what they have learned and why we’ll be better for it.

In either of the above scenarios we may be able to build a bridge with them with some open-air honesty but I can’t see how we can while relegation remains in the balance. I’m in a position of hate right now and would end up pushing points that are irrelevant if we stay up. I don’t need Tim answering every question with ‘we aren’t down yet, I believe we’ll stay up’. We need to know our fate to do this properly in my opinion.

Last edited:
Season end for me, but I’d like some confirmation before season ends that there have been some lessons learnt on and off the pitch. A couple of meaningful updates would be appreciated, along with the announcement of some fan engagement initiatives.

As a fan base I’m also sure we could come up with some ideas re marketing / fan engagement etc. I appreciate we can always email the club with ideas but a request from the club (or Oxvox) for any ideas would be great. For example how about:-

1) A fans vote on 3rd kit. The club may have ideas for first 2 kits, but how about opening up a vote for a 3rd? Suggest a few and then we vote, that might lead to greater sales?

2) Family Day at the training complex? The earlier we know the easier it is to make sure we can make it.

Oh great a poll with a “very good reason” which isn’t being shared. Ooh I know something or want to say something but will just hint at being ITK.

I thought we’d left this schoolboy stuff behind with the teenage Swindon fan and then OxBible and the likes.

Oh great a poll with a “very good reason” which isn’t being shared. Ooh I know something or want to say something but will just hint at being ITK.

I thought we’d left this schoolboy stuff behind with the teenage Swindon fan and then OxBible and the likes.
Well, that’s a completely needless and unprovoked lashing out. Not sure what that’s about, but fair do’s. Hope you feel better for it.

And if you’re looking for OxBible, the football club gave him a gig helping out with their social media accounts on a matchday to shut him up nearly five years ago.

Happy voting.

Well we all slagged off ol’ slippery but getting this lot in for a FF would be murderous!

When you think how fukkin hard we had to scrap to get to League 1 in the first place only to see those in charge roll up to the last FF and laugh in our faces as us customers called for Karl’s head!!
It boils my P**s and I don’t think that I am alone.

It could get really tasty.
TBH, I don’t think I could trust myself if I went.
So no, their ridiculous silence on all matters answers all the questions I need!🤬

Orrr, you could be appreciative of someone with known connections to OUFC helping to get a message across in the absence of any real give-a-damn from the club’s end? No idea if that’s what he’s doing but happy to take part and see what can come from it. Took me all of 30 seconds, though, ffs Ryan I’m busy.

Orrr, you could be appreciative of someone with known connections to OUFC helping to get a message across in the absence of any real give-a-damn from the club’s end? No idea if that’s what he’s doing but happy to take part and see what can come from it. Took me all of 30 seconds, though, ffs Ryan I’m busy.
It’s just someone playing the man rather than the ball for whatever reason. I’m used to that.

It would be very useful if a good number of people voted on this, ideally before tomorrow’s game. More than the 70 that have currently done so, anyway. It takes seconds.

Isn’t this something Oxvox should be asking ?

Or the supporters panel ?

OK RB ask the poll.

Isn’t this something Oxvox should be asking ?

Or the supporters panel ?

OK RB ask the poll.
They both have. Ferguson has promised to attend once he's back in the country. He postponed the last one due to the head coach situation. What with absent owners, absent Chairman and a CEO who doesn't appear to be up to speed, it bodes not well.

I voted asap, although thinking about it that may have been rash as the last one was so hastily arranged there wasn't the opportunity for many to attend. That said, any date in the diary is a positive thing.

They both have. Ferguson has promised to attend once he's back in the country. He postponed the last one due to the head coach situation. What with absent owners, absent Chairman and a CEO who doesn't appear to be up to speed, it bodes not well.
And yet there isn’t one currently planned despite the season being less than three weeks from its conclusion. Hence why some tangible data showing significant support and demand for one, from as big a pool of votes as possible, could be very useful.

I suspect there is zero chance of him missing the Town Hall bash on the 30th, which is one week before the final game of the season, so there’s no reason why one shouldn’t be pencilled in if he knows when he’s going to be here.

Last edited:
I’ve voted ‘no’ on the basis that I’m a customer and if I don’t like the service I’ve received over the last couple of years I can go elsewhere, but I don’t see why I’m entitled to a meeting with the board every time the product they serve doesn’t suit me.

I quite like shopping at Next but every few years they produce lines which I’m not happy with but I don’t contact their executive board to moan. I just trust them as businesspeople to get it right over time and I’ll be back buying stuff from them. Doesn’t mean I’m a fairweather shopper.

I know supporting a football club is a passion and have heard the argument that fans will be here supporting the club longer after the players, manager and owners move on, but my view is this doesn’t give us the right to demand frequent FFs when things are going wrong. If I was a shareholder it would be different though.

I’ve voted ‘no’ on the basis that I’m a customer and if I don’t like the service I’ve received over the last couple of years I can go elsewhere, but I don’t see why I’m entitled to a meeting with the board every time the product they serve doesn’t suit me.

I quite like shopping at Next but every few years they produce lines which I’m not happy with but I don’t contact their executive board to moan. I just trust them as businesspeople to get it right over time and I’ll be back buying stuff from them. Doesn’t mean I’m a fairweather shopper.

I know supporting a football club is a passion and have heard the argument that fans will be here supporting the club longer after the players, manager and owners move on, but my view is this doesn’t give us the right to demand frequent FFs when things are going wrong. If I was a shareholder it would be different though.
Oh Lord, here we go...

Nuclear-grade trolling.

On the note of the Tim Williams address to County Councillors on youtube -not particularly the content but the tragedy of US English subtitling and whether it is possible that for once some moron doesn't open and close the door when filming is taking place!!

I’ve voted for now but actually think once the season is finished.

Let Manning focus on the job in hand and hope for the best but after that then I feel someone from the owners (Bakri?) and Williams & Ferguson have to be there and then Manning to give us a view of on field plans for next season.

I would want it more focused to the men at the top though as what they plan to do regarding transfers, budget, off field issues, getting the fans back to feeling part of the club.

I’d actually make the journey from north wales to attend as I think this forum is so important to the future of the club. If they want to get a new stadium then they need fans fully on board with their vision and right now myself and so many others seem to be very disconnected with the club.

Back
Top Bottom