FA Cup Round 2 - OUFC vs Grimsby

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been in the SSU a few times the view of the game is really good but it's like a bloody morgue up there. I once see a little old lady with a note book I think she was writing who the players are 🤔 BUT I will go up there against Grimsby because the east stand was like a library against Maidenhead

I'm going up there for the Grimsby game to put my feet up and see the game from a different angle.

It really pisses me off that I was minutes too late to secure my usual seat. I decided not to bother, but went back later and bought a ticket in a different block. I think we’re going back to the “customer” situation again where we’re treated as footfall.

I totally agree with you, If you purchase a season ticket in a specific area you want to sit there regardless of OUFC policies - I’ve now missed all games where my seat is made unavailable.
Perhaps they can learn something About their Loyal Fans not Customer footfall!

I totally agree with you, If you purchase a season ticket in a specific area you want to sit there regardless of OUFC policies - I’ve now missed all games where my seat is made unavailable.

Sadly they will only learn if us as a fanbase start turning up to these cup games and fill out the ground.

This is nothing new this year they did the same by shutting certain parts of the ground in the first and second round of the fa cup last season against Woking and Exeter.

Sadly they will only learn if us as a fanbase start turning up to these cup games and fill out the ground.

This is nothing new this year they did the same by shutting certain parts of the ground in the first and second round of the fa cup last season against Woking and Exeter.
I’ve watched a lot of goals highlights from the 1st round. Unless it’s a small team at home to a bigger team, the same thing is being played out everywhere.

I’m not a fan, but this isn’t a strategy being employed by Oxford alone.

Last edited:
I’m not sure what the definition of a loyal fan is nowadays but personally I can’t forego a 3pm Saturday home kick off in the best cup competition in the country.

Again… the club are pushing the boat out with the playing budget this season and to get us in a new stadium as soon as possible. For 25 quid I’ve got four tickets in a completely different section than I usually sit. Seems like a fair enough deal to me!

I’m not sure what the definition of a loyal fan is nowadays but personally I can’t forego a 3pm Saturday home kick off in the best cup competition in the country.

Again… the club are pushing the boat out with the playing budget this season and to get us in a new stadium as soon as possible. For 25 quid I’ve got four tickets in a completely different section than I usually sit. Seems like a fair enough deal to me!

Has never bought a half and half scarf and has watched us play in Stoke away midweek.

Pretty sure they shut off all parts of the ground for Woking, given we were away!

Goodness.
Support a team with a new manager, loads of investment, 2nd in the table.
Worry about having to move a seat for a couple of cup games?

Goodness.
Support a team with a new manager, loads of investment, 2nd in the table.
Worry about having to move a seat for a couple of cup games?
Yeah, I had a bit of a moan but it’s trivial stuff really, I’m looking forward to seeing what our new boss comes up with! Grimsby will be well up for it and it won’t be a walkover.

Has never bought a half and half scarf and has watched us play in Stoke away midweek.
Ooh, me then. Last time we played them away was 2000 during the petrol strike and not many could travel from Ox. We got dubbed 4-0. So I guess there’s very few loyal supporters, the rest of you are customers…….

Loyal fan who misses games because he cannot get his ST seat

Let me think

Pretty sure they shut off all parts of the ground for Woking, given we were away!

Forgot we were away at Woking. 🤣 Anyways the year before we were at Home to Bristol rovers and only certain sections of stands were open and that was with an attendance of over 5k.

We can all moan at the club for doing it to save a bit of money but after sleeping on it I've come to the conclusion that its the fanbase to blame.

It's Saturday it's a 3 pm kick off with cheaper tickets in all areas. Why won't fans come and watch Grimsby but will come and watch us in the league against Fleetwood or Burton? We all know Grimsby are a bigger club and will fill out the away end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom