FA Cup FA Cup 2024/2025

All to accommodate "changes to the calendar driven by the expanded Uefa competitions". Given that only the top few of the Prem will be playing in such competitions, could they really not find a few spare days for the occasions when those teams happen to draw in the cup? I really hate the way the Premier League seems to think that absolutely no other football in this country matters and have leant on the FA to get this through.

And then they'll put out a second or even third string team until the semi-finals .....

Huge potential loss of income and exposure for lower league teams, then.

All this because Premier League managers cry about sometimes having to play 2 games per week. F**k off.

I’m sure all these tired, over worked players will still be off around the world on pre season tours next summer.
I'm personally looking forwards to Sky Sports lecturing us about sustainability (again), where we should eat vegan burgers and accept that soon we will be watching the games via a hologram, weeks after flying all the PL teams to America to play friendlies against each other (again).

No more replays in the FA cup from round 1.

It says all rounds will be at weekends and then go on to say the Round 4 will be played between Friday and Wednesday. Last time I checked the weekend only consisted of 2 days?

Well lets hope the FA get into power then, I really fancy a six day weekend.

Huge potential loss of income and exposure for lower league teams, then.

All this because Premier League managers cry about sometimes having to play 2 games per week. F**k off.

They only have 56 men squads, a few injurys and they could only have 50 very well paid footballers to pick from.

When you have EFL club’s hierarchy coming out saying they weren’t consulted then I would suggest the FA and Premier League could be in for a big backlash over this.

Everyone saying that this will hurt the smaller clubs - do you mean that if you manage to hold a bigger side to a draw at home you miss out on a big payday in an away replay at a large ground?

If that is why then isn’t there an argument that it could actually see more smaller clubs going through, though? If you’re at home to a Man City, Arsenal or Liverpool and it’s a draw then yes you get a replay at their place and a big payday but realistically you’re never going to win that game. It’s a way of making sure that the big clubs almost certainly go through, as if they draw first time around they get another crack at it. If it’s a one off tie and the draw goes to penalties however… the smaller club has a much better chance of going through to the next round (and getting the prize money) surely?

Everyone saying that this will hurt the smaller clubs - do you mean that if you manage to hold a bigger side to a draw at home you miss out on a big payday in an away replay at a large ground?

If that is why then isn’t there an argument that it could actually see more smaller clubs going through, though? If you’re at home to a Man City, Arsenal or Liverpool and it’s a draw then yes you get a replay at their place and a big payday but realistically you’re never going to win that game. It’s a way of making sure that the big clubs almost certainly go through, as if they draw first time around they get another crack at it. If it’s a one off tie and the draw goes to penalties however… the smaller club has a much better chance of going through to the next round (and getting the prize money) surely?
Yes I can see that argument. I'm not a fan of replays, they drag the tie out and can get tedious. But if the change is driven solely by the PL without EFL consultation it stinks.

Back
Top Bottom