FA Cup Swindon Town's FA Cup record against non-league clubs

sideshowrob

Swindon have an abysmal record in the FA Cup against non-league teams in recent years There have been 10 defeats since 2007 and 7 in the last 10 years, including some real thrashings against Macclesfield, Stockport and Aldershot. In contrast we have lost none over the same period. Here is the full hillarious record:

2023-24 Swindon 4 Aldershot 7
2022-23 Stockport 4 Swindon 0
2020-21 Swindon 1 Darlington 2
2018-19 Swindon 0 Woking 1
2016-17 Swindon 1 Eastleigh 3
2013-14 Macclesfield 4 Swindon 0
2012-13 Swindon 0 Macclesfield 2
2010-11 Swindon 2 Crawley 3
2008-09 Histon 1 Swindon 0
2007-08 Barnet 1 Swindon 1 (2-0 pens)

I love it when Swindon get thumped like that.
We should remember John Aldridges last game was when we were well beaten by Aldershot 0-3.We were in division one and they were in division 4

Swindon up for sale again and reported that some wages not paid, all unconfirmed. Buy Reading for half price and get Swindon free.....Still no takers.

It's also worth noting that, although not non-league at the time, Swindon were also thrashed by Stevenage 5-2 and Boston Utd 4-1 in the FA Cup during this period.

Last edited:
Swindon up for sale again and reported that some wages not paid, all unconfirmed. Buy Reading for half price and get Swindon free.....Still no takers.

We used to sponsor a player as a forum.

I'd imagine that a similar amount could buy us both clubs. Could be a lot of fun.

Defeat v Shots all down to covid vaxx apparently. Aldershot clearly were not vaccinated

Shots Manager Tommy Widdrington was a U’s trialist in the summer of 2003.

He joined Macclesfield Town however who offered him a two year deal.

Shots Manager Tommy Widdrington was a U’s trialist in the summer of 2003.

He joined Macclesfield Town however who offered him a two year deal.

He played a lot in that pre-season and we ended up (re)signing Paul Wanless instead.

His son Kai is a professional on Strictly too.

We used to sponsor a player as a forum.

I'd imagine that a similar amount could buy us both clubs. Could be a lot of fun.

They'd both be doomed if we did as the curse would strike.

Back
Top Bottom