Other European European Super League

No, it's because most others who live in western Europe have more rounded lives than us. It's why we go a little bit more mental about our sports teams than ppl in Madrid, Bilbao etc; you can add Australia as well. There are passionate RL fans in Oz, but generally it's different over there. You know there's been far far less hooliganism over there than here.

Definitely trying too hard now.

That's fine. They can live their lives the way they want over there, and invest in their local sporting teams accordingly. But they can't complain about English clubs spoiling their Super League plans by not joining if they don't want to, mostly in part due to the fact that their product is plenty profitable enough.

By all means, Barca, Real Madrid and PSG can put all their remaining money on black and spin the wheel if they want to, and invite along your Marseille and PSV types as well. But they know it will last just as long as Messi does, because superstars are in short supply once he retires, and that is all that will get people watching. Proper competition is what makes the PL the most-watched league.

The irony is that PSG turned down the ESL.

What’s held Rangers and Celtic back then? The tropical weather in Glasgow? The fact they barely speak English?

I wouldn’t actually completely disagree with you, the size of England and ease of travel allows for plenty of local games and our success in colonial times made English the world’s language, not certain why we should jump to give those advantages up and lose the money that our very successful football system brings into the coffers?

Basically I couldn’t give a f**k about PSG etc, if they can’t break out from the fact that France has better weather than us then that is a burden they will have to bare, I am sure it isn’t causing them that much lost sleep in the rest of Europe.

Yep,
The cops. Well, "English" hooligans, the cops have been against Rangers and Glasgow Irish joining the Championship or PL.

I can imagine our new friend in his fake PSG shirt with Messi on the back and he plays championship manager all day in his bedroom thinking he knows all there is about football. He also goes on twitter and preaches about the state of the modern game while never actually attending a single football match in person.

Feel free to add any more characteristics of a middle aged, armchair football fan.

I can imagine our new friend in his fake PSG shirt with Messi on the back and he plays championship manager all day in his bedroom thinking he knows all there is about football. He also goes on twitter and preaches about the state of the modern game while never actually attending a single football match in person.

Feel free to add any more characteristics of a middle aged, armchair football fan.

The sort of person that needs to be avoided in the pub whether there is a game on or not.

Seems like he'd be the kind to ask for a raise in the office despite not turning up for half the week.

"You gave Brian a raise for working diligently, but that's not fair as he's a loser who has nothing better to do than be productive anyway. Just because I have more interesting things to do with my time than work, like watching Youtube videos of funny cats, you're going to punish me for it?"

There's some truth to all of that, but it wouldn't take Jordan Peterson to think of those things, obviously.

I've seen Robert Jarni, D Suker, F Cannavarro, F Bartez, Z Zidane, R Pires, F Totti, C Bellamy, M Stanic, D Trezeguet play live. I'd prefer to watch 1 Real Madrid match than 100 Swans matches. I've been to watch the Swans and Cardiff many times. It's a complete waste of money and pollution going to watch them now. Many pointless soccer matches and rugby matches should be stopped in order to cut down on polluting the atmosphere. Swans supporters going al the way to Sunderland yesterday, completely pointless and look how much fumes going there they've added to the atmosphere.

The only replica shirt I've ever had a name put on the back of is a Real top with PUSKAS. I wouldn't have the name of someone younger or around the same age as me. I haven't bought many replica tops over the years, prefer to buy polo shirts or t-shirts or shorts.

Bloke on the wind-up saying football games should be stopped because of pollution fears wants a Euro Super League... 🤣
Quality not quantity. There are Champions League and 2 other Euro comps now, I would have just one Euro comp. So there would be fewer matches, and less travelling overall, there would be conferences based on geography.

There's some truth to all of that, but it wouldn't take Jordan Peterson to think of those things, obviously.

I've seen Robert Jarni, D Suker, F Cannavarro, F Bartez, Z Zidane, R Pires, F Totti, C Bellamy, M Stanic, D Trezeguet play live. I'd prefer to watch 1 Real Madrid match than 100 Swans matches. I've been to watch the Swans and Cardiff many times. It's a complete waste of money and pollution going to watch them now. Many pointless soccer matches and rugby matches should be stopped in order to cut down on polluting the atmosphere. Swans supporters going al the way to Sunderland yesterday, completely pointless and look how much fumes going there they've added to the atmosphere.

How would you make sure of the ecological gains from Swansea fans etc no longer travelling to watch their team? They could all go shopping, visit family etc thus negating the positive impact of only having the super league. Perhaps a lock down of ex football league fans on Saturdays?

How would you make sure of the ecological gains from Swansea fans etc no longer travelling to watch their team? They could all go shopping, visit family etc thus negating the positive impact of only having the super league. Perhaps a lock down of ex football league fans on Saturdays?
Funny. But Swansea, Caerdydd, Casnewydd, Merthyr and Wrexham should be forced into the Cymru leagues.

Back
Top Bottom