Other European European Super League one step closer?

So the Premier League as good as talk about greed and not in the spirit of the game (you have to laugh at that one)

I don't see any complaints from the powers that be in various countries complaining about the already in place new champions league format and upcoming 2nd Europa League format

football fans have sat by watching this unfold and contributing over the years with their sky-Bt Subscriptions and lately Amazon

it does seem that the likes of Arsenal Spurs etc have not thought this one through as here man City and the like will still blown them out of the water with their obsene financial clout which will only get bigger and bigger

The real sadness is that whilst now fans may complain about the further greed etc but come the time people will pay their subs to watch or seek streams etc

Nobody gave or gives a s**t in reality about Bury, Macclesfield and others but such scenarios were waiting to happen and more will follow and let's not forget that whilst these clubs were on the brink other clubs voted for B teams to enter a cup competition

You couldn't make it up

More money for the super rich and everyone else can live with the negative consequences. Brexiteers should lap it up.

Hang on, these clubs will also still play in the EPL?

That's if the EPL agree to them being able to play in it, if not, they leave the EPL?

Just heard Gary Neville talking about this. I agree with him totally. I just asked a couple of people I know who are Arsenal and Tottenham fans and both said if it goes ahead they will boycott the club. Not found one person in favour of it yet.

Apparently they have so many players they can do both and win the SPL with their 3rd team.

Football mirrors society. Greed of the few at the cost of the many. Sadly not very surprising when we live in a society that seems to applaud greed rather than condemn it.

Last edited:
I often agree with Gary, and on this occasion he is bang on! Foreigners are ruining the ENGLISH game. They don’t give a toss about the history of the sport, nor the importance of it to those that follow it. They aren’t invested like you and I. They are financially invested, and that’s the crux of the problem!

I hope the FA grow a pair of B*****s for the first time since it’s conception, and ban any players from international duty, if they play in this farcical league! UEFA have said something along those lines and I hope that any governing body with a shred of integrity, will do the same! It’s disgusting.

If this happens, I believe it will cause catastrophe up and down the footballing pyramid. Football as we once knew and loved, will no longer exist.

If teams sign up for this whilst actively competing in other competitions such as the champions league and the premier league, they should be kicked out immediately and stripped of any prize money they will have earned!

Last edited:
But I read that they can only play on this league of the EPL allow them? If they can just leave and play why the need for the EPL permission?

I thought that too, but it says a break away league of 12 teams, 22 games if they playing home and away so no chance they can play the epl aswell.

I thought that too, but it says a break away league of 12 teams, 22 games if they playing home and away so no chance they can play the epl aswell.
Ah I thought it was in place of the Champions League.

Love how Arsenal are getting involved, given the past few seasons finishes!

They must be loving the prospect of getting mega money!

Ah I thought it was in place of the Champions League.

Love how Arsenal are getting involved, given the past few seasons finishes!

They must be loving the prospect of getting mega money!
If Arsenal can join then presumably so can any club. I might but out an 11 myself, then retire on the big bucks!

Back
Top Bottom