Other European European Super League one step closer?

So 11 teams. 20 matches a year, no playing in any domestic, European or World competitions. Not actually going to be playing much football are they?

Not sure why anyone would join a club which essentially hugely limits their career. Apart from the obvious.

Feck `em, let them go.

Ill as it behoves me to be seen agreeing with you in public I think this may be the wisest choice.

Although it may involve cutting my nose off to spite my face, I'd kind of sooner they went and took the plastic supporters with them.

I'm saying this in the (faint) hope.that without context from their national leagues (where merit remains at least a theoretical reason for success) they will wither away until only coteries of Mericans, Chinese and Indonesians are interested in their parochial efforts. Just look at Formula 1!

I hope their greed swallows them up and then spits them out.

Week in week out we have all their whining and whinging about how many games they have to play and the general fixture scheduling, but now they are happy to do this.

It‘s all about money, nothing more nothing less. Forget the fans, a minor insignificance.

f**k em.

I just don’t see players signing up. What’s going to happen is the domestic leagues banning them from playing, in addition to UEFA, FIFA, etc. Seems pretty career-limiting to me.

I suppose for these so called superstars only playing a few games a season will suit them as long as they’re getting the mega bucks I hope the premier league tells them to f**k off and I hope that any English player taking part never gets to wear are national shirt again f**k em

China threw money at their football league and getting players over and that is about to go bust. This will go the same way.

Let them do it but I hope sky have a back bone and not agree to pay for the TV rights to the matches along with the other providers.

People go on about how it would be great to get into the championship but right now, especially with today’s news, give me league 1 football and good cup run every week than get sucked up and spat out by the money men!

Nor would the players be able to play in the World Cup. They might care about that.

Kerry Packer anyone?
Depends whether they want to be rich or great. I don’t care, let them go - I’m bored with the big TV teams. We can fill the England team with players from Southampton and Everton

Why can’t they remove them from the top flight and put them at the very bottom of the pyramid they can play in the super league but also make them play on parks BUT with one condition they can’t get promoted 😁

This is just greed that the vast majority of supporters in this country and across Europe will not want this.
If supporters across Europe boycotted the T V companies that are going to screen these matches then I think things would change very quickly.

Having read that pogba wants £500,000 per week to do not a lot masquerading as a professional athlete, the sooner that the “big” six disappear in to nothingness the better, money means more to this lot than the concept of a whole league togetherness

Does anyone know which of the usual suspects (so called big 6) didn’t sign up to this?

Without relegation, the league wouldn’t have structural integrity anyway. Halfway through a season half the clubs wouldn’t have anything to play for which would change the dynamic of the league.

The big clubs lost touch with the fans years ago. Let them go and forget about them.
I will always consider the height that any club can reach through promotion and success as the pinnacle of football!

Having read that pogba wants £500,000 per week to do not a lot masquerading as a professional athlete, the sooner that the “big” six disappear in to nothingness the better, money means more to this lot than the concept of a whole league togetherness

Then he can fcuk off to China.

Does anyone know which of the usual suspects (so called big 6) didn’t sign up to this?

Without relegation, the league wouldn’t have structural integrity anyway. Halfway through a season half the clubs wouldn’t have anything to play for which would change the dynamic of the league.

The big clubs lost touch with the fans years ago. Let them go and forget about them.
I will always consider the height that any club can reach through promotion and success as the pinnacle of football!
Man City didn't. Apparently Man Utd, Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea, Spurs.

Back
Top Bottom