Ashes News England V Ireland ashes warm up test match

At Lords today. It’s a beautiful day but horrific for England.

That’s a hopeless batting display. The tone was set with Denly’s sketchy 23. False shots and near misses and then an utter collapse.

I could write an an essay on England’s top order but don’t have the time. They’ve got to smarten up fast, mind. And at least work out who will be in the first XI for Edgbaston.

The only solace we an take is that the Aussies are batting badly too - albeit against each other!

The way that the 2 games are being played the Ashes Test matches will all be over in 2 days!
Pathetic batting.

getting done over good n proper ... Ireland 114-2

Stirling going along well now, I'd be enjoying watching the Middx boys doing so well if it wasn't against England ?

England have managed to take a couple of wickets 139-5

So I know that Tim Murtagh is an extremely solid county bowler, and has had a long and distinguished career...…

…..but he's still 37 years old, and not exactly bowling at a threatening pace these days! It's pathetic that England's so-called Test batsmen can't play him.

Although it's not exactly new. It's becoming like a broken record. Since the beginning of 2018, this is the 17th Test match England have played and we've managed to score over 400 once. We've been bowled out in double figures three times.

Against the likes of Starc/Cummins/Siddle/Hazlewood/Bird/whoever else the Aussies trot out.....I find it hard to believe this current crop of batsmen will be able to do much to change that statistic.

We still might win a Test or two, because we have a deep crop of good fast bowlers (in English conditions, particularly). But it's still depressing.

Night watchman in, so will finish either 0-0 or 0-1 I'd guess...

Watching some of the highlights, Ollie Stone looked very useful. Quick.
Sam Curran has the really good ability of getting wickets with poor balls.
Suddenly we look decent in the fast bowling front.
The huge issue is the batting though. A truly embarrassing display with the bat by Engkand6.

Watching some of the highlights, Ollie Stone looked very useful. Quick.
Sam Curran has the really good ability of getting wickets with poor balls.
Suddenly we look decent in the fast bowling front.
The huge issue is the batting though. A truly embarrassing display with the bat by Engkand6.
total collapse that was.... as someone else has pointed out on this thread, bat like that in the Ashes & convicts will batter us

Last edited:
Lets be honest that was no where near our ashes first 11. No need to panic after one days cricket, even though Ireland deserve great credit for how they played. Especially when bowling.

Lets be honest that was no where near our ashes first 11. No need to panic after one days cricket, even though Ireland deserve great credit for how they played. Especially when bowling.
hope youre right & it was a bad day at the 'office' for England batsmen @Leysboy :sneaky:

England second innings from start of play tomorrow, heres hoping those batsmen redeem themselves

Bloody hope they manage to do something tomorrow, Friday is my only visit to Lord's this year, I'd like to have a whole day's play!

From a batting perspective, there aren't that many missing. Buttler/ Stokes about it.
Plus it has been happening with alarming regularity over the past few years.
PluscStarc, Cummins Haselwood rather than a 35 year old journeyman seamer ...

Back
Top Bottom