2nd Test The Ashes - England v Australia @ Lords

andystroud

After all the excitement ahead of the first test, it seems we are reluctant to start a conversation on the second test after the pathetic capitulation at "Fortress Edgbaston".

So will there be wholesale changes, or just minor tweaks?
As Archer has declared himself fully fit (hopefully not in a Jimmy Anderson way) then he would seem a obvious replacement for the aforementioned Jimmy.
It has to be time to leave Moeen out, replaced by Leech probably.
Can't say I'm optimistic about this, although getting Smith out early would certainly help our cause., or perhaps the rain will allow us to scrape a draw.

Weather looks bad for a couple of days, so a result may be tough. Need a reaction though, and the middle order to step up.

Smash the smugness out of the convicts in this 2nd ashes test ... c'mon England, big win would be ideal , any England win will do me ( including via D/L/S )

After all the excitement ahead of the first test, it seems we are reluctant to start a conversation on the second test after the pathetic capitulation at "Fortress Edgbaston".

So will there be wholesale changes, or just minor tweaks?
As Archer has declared himself fully fit (hopefully not in a Jimmy Anderson way) then he would seem a obvious replacement for the aforementioned Jimmy.
It has to be time to leave Moeen out, replaced by Leech probably.
Can't say I'm optimistic about this, although getting Smith out early would certainly help our cause., or perhaps the rain will allow us to scrape a draw.
Mo has been dropped and Leach comes in.
We could lose a whole days play tomorrow. Friday and Saturday could be washouts as well. So it may be a two day test!!

Meh. We lost tonnes of time against India last year and still managed to beat them. I think all of Day 1 was washed out. It’ll be a doddle ... ahem.

Were Duckworth & Lewis named in the England squad for this 2nd test? :sneaky:

unlikely to see any play today it seems

nevermind any play , which is looking highly unlikely ...it doesnt look like therell be the toss , or England team unveiled for the 2nd ashes test of the series today

Back
Top Bottom