1st Test England v Australia - Edgbaston

Is it that there has been too much emphasis on short-form cricket, where a ball left is a ball wasted? Denly lap-slogged two fours as soon as he came in - did he not realise that if he was still in at 6pm and on 0 that would have been a better innings than scoring 50 in 20 balls? Denly has also failed big time in this match.

All on Stokes shoulders now ... hoping he can deliver,... but thinking he's likely to go the way of other England 'batsmen' in this 2nd innings

Oh all ye of little faith....

I confidently predict Moeen to surprise us all and play a swashbuckling rearguard to bring himself bang back into form.

18 off five balls.

Few things.

The pitch is slow it’s more batsman error than good balls getting people out.

I believe it’s from crickets governing body these days who decides on what pitches should be prepped. Since the introduction of the icc cricket league.

The lack of red ball cricket our team has played is the main contributor. Only Broad and Burns have played much this summer. The others have been involved in one day s**t or rested.

This

Assuming that we are going to lose this...

Who would you drop for the second test? Personally Denly and Moeen are prime candidates, with an obvious need to also replace Anderson. Roy is very much on borrowed time, and if Bairstow can't restrain himself this innings I'd be tempted to bring Foakes - he's as good a keeper and (from what I've seen) steadier with the bat. If Woakes is injured - Curran in.

Oh all ye of little faith....

I confidently predict Moeen to surprise us all and play a swashbuckling rearguard to bring himself bang back into form.

18 off five balls.
I had forgotten the first teat is being played at fortress Edgbaston... where the Convicts havent won a test v England...
c'mon England ... Stokes to get a swashbuckling double century over the final sessions & the tail to seriously wag too ;)

Australia showed how to bat on that wicket yesterday. England need to bat smart, but that is asking a lot!

I had forgotten the first teat is being played at fortress Edgbaston... where the Convicts havent won a test v England...
c'mon England ... Stokes to get a swashbuckling double century over the final sessions & the tail to seriously wag too ;)

Jimmy to smite the winning boundary in the final over in failing light from a steeply rearing Cummins bumper....bat in one hand, crutch in the other.

Jimmy to smite the winning boundary in the final over in failing light from a steeply rearing Cummins bumper....bat in one hand, crutch in the other.
forget the bat ...he can use his wooden (?) crutch as his bat and really wipe the sneers smiles of the convicts collective face :sneaky:

Another review off a Wilson 'out' .... Bairstow gone .... FFS

Dominoes this is ... Stokes gone now.... FFS x7.... Embarassing display ...& a lesson how not to bat in a Test match

cmon Woakes make this respectable-ish at the very least

Just remember all is not lost... Australia were 122-8 on the first day..................................................... ? :rolleyes: ?
...And the England tail end can step up and deliver wit the bat ... heres hoping they will today :sneaky:

Back
Top Bottom