Matches EFL on Quest

Colin B

Chief Dot Counter
Is it just me, or is there someone responsible for producing this programme that has an anti Oxford United agenda?

That may sound slightly paranoid, but it seems to be getting worse. I think Colin Murray has generally given us a decent press, but even that seems to have now been curtailed.

What has prompted me to comment though is the coverage of our last two games. Firstly the Swindon game. I was pleased to see that the smirking, Swindon loving, Sam Parkin was on the show, and that he would have to comment on our victory (childish I know!). But what happened next was really odd. Colin Murray says "well Oxford United, who have been on a bad run (????) have beaten Swindon, anyway what about the next game Sam?" So he then goes on to talk about Crewe or someone and completely misses our game off of any discussion. In fact they talked about every other game bar ours!

Then last night they excelled themselves. We lost, so were obviously on first. I know Hull are top, but we weren't on first when we played Peterborough recently, but OK I'll forgive them that, as I know it's the way they roll. But then when they showed the "highlights" it showed pretty much every single Hull chance, not a single one of ours, nor any of our play, but was accompanied by some bizarre commentary about Harry Potter tormenting us!!! We had more possession, more shots on goal, more shots on target, more passes, more successful passes, more corners that Hull and yet it was portrayed that we were taken apart from start to finish! I'm not saying we outplayed them, but their coverage was shocking.

I don't (necessarily) expect glowing praise, but a bit of balance would be good. It just seems as if someone there doesn't like us and even Colin Murray has had his wings clipped. I watch to get a view of what others think of us, but end up shouting at the TV in frustration.

Aided by CM’s clear and understandable affection, I think we enjoyed copious amounts of positive coverage when we were on an unprecedented winning run. We’re no longer the story, so it’s the turn of others.

As for the lack of coverage for our victory versus Swindon, well at the national level it’s a story of ‘upper mid-table team beats relegation certainties’; not a story to set the hearts racing for a wider audience than ourselves and the freaks.

I think you’re seeing a conspiracy where none exists.

Aided by CM’s clear and understandable affection, I think we enjoyed copious amounts of positive coverage when we were on an unprecedented winning run. We’re no longer the story, so it’s the turn of others.

As for the lack of coverage for our victory versus Swindon, well at the national level it’s a story of ‘upper mid-table team beats relegation certainties’; not a story to set the hearts racing for a wider audience than ourselves and the freaks.

Look at Quest highlights, then look at Sky Sport highlights, big difference

Tbh it is blantantly obvious we haven't this season quite been at the races (neither has many racegoers) in as many games as we did last season but to give Codger B a bit of a back up here it's a strange one when a certain Matt Ingram (goalkeeper) was named in yesterday's Skybet league 1 team of the weekend?

Ffs COYY'S...don't let the season just pass you by!

Tbh it is blantantly obvious we haven't this season quite been at the races (neither has many racegoers) in as many games as we did last season but to give Codger B a bit of a back up here it's a strange one when a certain Matt Ingram (goalkeeper) was named in yesterday's Skybet league 1 team of the weekend?

Ffs COYY'S...don't let the season just pass you by!
didnt Matt Ingram, at one stage, play for Oxford City?

didnt Matt Ingram, at one stage, play for Oxford City?

Yes he did, I was listening to the Hull commentators yesterday as it wouldn't switch to away commentary for some reason. They also touched on the subject that us Oxford fans must get frustrated with all the sideways and backwards passing and trying to play like Barcelona. So even opposition fans can see it.

Agree, we got a lot of focus in our winning run.

The programme has so many different games, that realistically, any side who aren't on a particularly good (winning) run won't see any focus on them.

So, they've done it again!

Tonight, although they've shown a reasonable amount of our game (albeit it was on last) it was the only game that they did not discuss. I can only conclude that Sam Parkin has something in his contract saying that he doesn't have to talk about Oxford victories. He did, though, refer to our game on Tuesday night as "Northampton's thrilling win over Oxford"

It boils my f*****g P**s!!!

Last edited:
So, they've done it again!

Tonight, although they've shown a reasonable amount of our game (albeit it was on last) it was the only game that they did not discuss. I can only conclude that Sam Parkin has something in his contract saying that he doesn't have to talk about Oxford victories. He did, though, refer to our game on Tuesday night as "Northampton's thrilling win over Oxford"

It boils my f*****g P**s!!!
No surprise he’s openly said on twitter he doesn’t like us Cos he’s ex swine

Back
Top Bottom