Directors box today

If he chooses McDermott it would show he knows more about football than DE if the names being bandied around as candidates at the moment is anything to go by!
I'm just putting 2 and 2 together. McDermott was at Reading with Tiger for a season and is now out of management and lives relatively near by which would mean he wouldn't have relocate.

Not sure how I would feel about McDermot?

He did have success at Reading first time around, played good football too, and don't forget he also played for us when we were very very good, so may have a little bit of affinity and/or knowledge of us. Plus there is the link between him and Tiger.

But, he does come across as a bit of an oddball sort of character and is not going to put bums on seats with his charisma, or lack of personality. Also he hasn't had a great deal of success recently.

Probably a safe pair of hands, as would be Steve McLaren, who would get us in amongst the promotion contenders, but may divide the fan base initially, before hopefully proving themselves a success.

He did have success at Reading first time around, played good football too, and don't forget he also played for us when we were very very good, so may have a little bit of affinity and/or knowledge of us. Plus there is the link between him and Tiger.

But, he does come across as a bit of an oddball sort of character and is not going to put bums on seats with his charisma, or lack of. Also he hasn't had a great deal of success recently.

Probably a safe pair of hands, as would be Steve McLaren, who would get us in amongst the promotion contenders, but may divide the fan base initially, before hopefully proving themselves.
One things for sure though, if it's either of them then we'd probably be better off then we would with the likes of a Bellamy or Campbell.

One things for sure though, if it's either of them then we'd probably be better off then we would with the likes of a Bellamy or Campbell.

Only time would tell on that in any of the cases.

But, he does come across as a bit of an oddball sort of character and is not going to put bums on seats with his charisma, or lack of personality. Also he hasn't had a great deal of success recently.

Probably a safe pair of hands, as would be Steve McLaren, who would get us in amongst the promotion contenders, but may divide the fan base initially, before hopefully proving themselves a success.

Ex Reading manager, yes he played for us but my other problem with him is he seemed to be a bit pig headed and never changed things when they were not working. Don't want yet another manager who never has a plan B

Ex Reading manager, yes he played for us but my other problem with him is he seemed to be a bit pig headed and never changed things when they were not working. Don't want yet another manager who never has a plan B

I know you hate anything or anybody connected to Reading, but as my post says, I'm not sure how I feel about him? I'm nether making a case for or against him at this point, merely trying to be fairly objective about the situation.

If you know for a fact that he "never had a plan B" then fair enough, but is that really the case, or just a bit of an urban myth?

To be fair, I suspect every manager there has ever been has had the 'doesn't have a plan B' accusation made against them at one time or another!

I know you hate anything or anybody connected to Reading, but as my post says, I'm not sure how I feel about him? I'm nether making a case for or against him at this point, merely trying to be fairly objective about the situation.

If you know for a fact that he "never had a plan B" then fair enough, but is that really the case, or just a bit of an urban myth?

You are correct about my feelings in relation to that club in Berkshire.

I never said you were making a case for him, I was just giving my opinion.

My comments about him being inflexible are based on what a couple of Leeds fans I know said about him.

All decent managers are flexible and prepared to change things when needed.

My comments about him being inflexible are based on what a couple of Leeds fans I know said about him.

McDermot is big mates with Dave Kitson (socially and in business). Perhaps he will bring in ‘The Secret Footballer’ as his number 2?

That concurs with a Reading Season Ticket I worked with. Said the football was painful to watch and was glad he was put out of his misery.

That concurs with a Reading Season Ticket I worked with. Said the football was painful to watch and was glad he was put out of his misery.
An even better case to bring him in then. That was all a ploy by somebody who still has deep affection for OUFC to sabotage the plastics down the road..

McDermot has a nice secure job coaching at Arsenal. Doubt he would consider getting back into management again. Especially not at our level.

An even better case to bring him in then. That was all a ploy by somebody who still has deep affection for OUFC to sabotage the plastics down the road..
Let's hope there is buckets loads of high sugar Carabao given away at each match. We'll need it with his style of football...

The waters seem so clouded, with all the goings on down Grenoble Road on and off the pitch yesterday, I can’t even begin to guess who the man in the hot seat will end up being.

Back
Top Bottom