Matches Derby County (away)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I right in thinking that without their points deduction they would have comfortably stayed up? Unless they have had to get rid of their best players they might be a threat.

Am I right in thinking that without their points deduction they would have comfortably stayed up? Unless they have had to get rid of their best players they might be a threat.
They only had 5 players after the take over so I'm guessing the best players have gone

Rams Fan in peace.

The limited number of tickets that appear to be still available for Derby fans is more than likely a little deceptive. it assumes that all previous season ticket holders will renew their tickets and therefore doesn't yet show none renewals as available.

Given the trials and tribulations we have been through, season tickets only went on sale very recently and are reserved until 29th July. There are bound to be some that don't renew (especially as the usual monthly direct debit scheme isn't yet available). Therefore, first thing on the 30th, the number of tickets available is likely to go up suddenly.

Having said that, season ticket sales are now at nearly 15,000 (as at Wednesday morning) so there is likely to be a decent crowd especially with Oxford selling out.

Although Derby have made a number of signings recently it will no doubt take a while for them to gel and you could well be facing the Rams at the right time. That's not to say it would anything like a walk over if you came to Pride Park later in the season. Most genuine and sensible Derby fans are realistic to know it aint going to be easy in league 1.

Good luck for the season (but not on Saturday of course :)).
Any recommendations for our fans for away friendly pubs near the station/stadium?

Any recommendations for our fans for away friendly pubs near the station/stadium?
Derby is a bit of a mecca for pubs truth be told its relative to how far you want to venture
Out of the station there are two exits - stadium side and City side

On the stadium side you have the Harvester and that's pretty much it for away fans (The Merlin is strictly home fans as is The Yard at the stadium)

If you go out the city side you have:
Brunswick - is 'home fans only' but if you're not wearing colours and in a small group then you'll be welcomed and it's a oretty friendly place

The Alexandra Hotel (the alex): cracking pub and welcomes all fans with a decent sized beer garden

The Smithfield: about a 7 minute walk from the station and a subsequent 30 minute walk to the away end but is Derby's pub of the year (I believe 4 times in a row now) with a great beer garden that looks over the river.

The Exeter Arms- great pub great beers and another 5 minutes walk from the smithfield

The Tap - Derby brewing company Tap house and right next to the Exeter Arms. There is also a matchday bus that runs from here to the ground for a few quid ahead (ask on arrival) it usually leaves about 45 minutes pre kick off and is first come first served. (You can also sample there new beer 'On Clowes9' to celebrate the club being saved

I would highly recommend doing a few of these and there's always taxis ready on a matchday from the further away pubs - Albatross cars or Uber - surge pricing will probably take you to £10-12 if close to kick off

Any thoughts on Nicco's? Also close to the ground (and hotel)
Decent but pricey IMO for what you're getting
If you head into town you're spoilt for choice

You've got all the chain places like Nandos / Pizza express / turtle Bay

Recommend
Afrikana - a bit like an African nandos but no alcohol as muslim owned
Post House- have a Mexican pop up kitchen 'let's taco about it'
Spice lounge - curry house and have a good beat the clock deal before 8pm
Pepitos- Mexican
Forge - Steakhouse down sadler gate (highly recommend sadler gate as the cobbled part of the city)
Annies - Burger house with great beers - great place

Are the London road coaches allocated seating or just sit wherever? Annoyingly you can only buy one ticket at a time for some reason.

They have spent a fortune on wages recruiting ex prem and championship players. They should make top 2 for me
Although actual wages have obviously not been revealed, I don’t think we’ve “spent a fortune” (depending on your definition of fortune of course). The club have to comply with a business plan agreed with the EFL (not exactly our best buddies) which, it’s fairly safe to assume, means our spending on wages will be in line with league 1 rules and then some. Of course our income is likely to be at the top end for league 1 but the days of Derby spending silly money on transfer fees and wages have long gone.

Derby is a bit of a mecca for pubs truth be told its relative to how far you want to venture

On the stadium side you have the Harvester and that's pretty much it for away fans (The Merlin is strictly home fans as is The Yard at the stadium)

Brunswick - is 'home fans only' but if you're not wearing colours and in a small group then you'll be welcomed and it's a oretty friendly place

The Alexandra Hotel (the alex): cracking pub and welcomes all fans with a decent sized beer garden

The Smithfield: about a 7 minute walk from the station and a subsequent 30 minute walk to the away end but is Derby's pub of the year (I believe 4 times in a row now) with a great beer garden that looks over the river.

The Exeter Arms- great pub great beers and another 5 minutes walk from the smithfield

The Tap - Derby brewing company Tap house and right next to the Exeter Arms. There is also a matchday bus that runs from here to the ground for a few quid ahead (ask on arrival) it usually leaves about 45 minutes pre kick off and is first come first served. (You can also sample there new beer 'On Clowes9' to celebrate the club being saved

I would highly recommend doing a few of these and there's always taxis ready on a matchday from the further away pubs - Albatross cars or Uber - surge pricing will probably take you to £10-12 if close to kick off
Thank you for that.
How difficult is parking and do you have any suggestions?

Thank you for that.
How difficult is parking and do you have any suggestions?
Parking wise I would avoid the ones by the stadium as its absolute grid lock getting in and out
You can park at the Smithfield - £5 but you can get blocked in easily if your first in

There's lots of street parking with pay at the meter around Canal Street and them side near there with a couple of small business car parks for £4-6

If you park at the train station - it's a day rate of about £10 but make sure you park on the railway terrace side not the rear entrance (stadium side but gridlock getting out)

There is an away car park at Derby conference centre and there's an away pub there top called the Navigation - it's your very standard lager pub however

Although actual wages have obviously not been revealed, I don’t think we’ve “spent a fortune” (depending on your definition of fortune of course). The club have to comply with a business plan agreed with the EFL (not exactly our best buddies) which, it’s fairly safe to assume, means our spending on wages will be in line with league 1 rules and then some. Of course our income is likely to be at the top end for league 1 but the days of Derby spending silly money on transfer fees and wages have long gone.

Nonetheless, I'm sure there are creditors who are still owed but won't get another penny that are finding the amounts being spent on wages pretty galling.

Nonetheless, I'm sure there are creditors who are still owed but won't get another penny that are finding the amounts being spent on wages pretty galling.
Oh don't get me wrong, I'm with you on that. I was just replying to the comment that we had "spent a fortune" on wages which, in footballing terms, almost certainly isn't correct and kind of implied Derby were trying to buy promotion (again).

Derby cannot pay transfer fees and wages will be tightly controlled. I'm not appealing for sympathy or suggesting the unfortunate creditors would be feeling OK about it.

This is wonderful thank you. (y)

Oh don't get me wrong, I'm with you on that. I was just replying to the comment that we had "spent a fortune" on wages which, in footballing terms, almost certainly isn't correct and kind of implied Derby were trying to buy promotion (again).

Derby cannot pay transfer fees and wages will be tightly controlled. I'm not appealing for sympathy or suggesting the unfortunate creditors would be feeling OK about it.

Although you will likely still be spending a fortune compared to most teams in League One!

I think your wage bill was at about £35m last time it was published? Even if it's now down to a quarter of that, it would still be massive compared to most teams in the division.

(admittedly, we're probably not the first ones to be complaining, as with our rich owners we seem to be splashing the cash a bit now as well......)

Although you will likely still be spending a fortune compared to most teams in League One!

I think your wage bill was at about £35m last time it was published? Even if it's now down to a quarter of that, it would still be massive compared to most teams in the division.

(admittedly, we're probably not the first ones to be complaining, as with our rich owners we seem to be splashing the cash a bit now as well......)

The current first team squad roughly comes out at about 8m a year - with Byrne and Bielik taking up a good chunk of that (I'd expect them not to be here this season)

With a Conservative average of 24k through the door this season - there's won't be many clubs that have the income that Derby do.
The problem with the business plan too is that we can only bring in free agents or loans therefore the method for the next 2 years is;
- free agents
- loans from prem clubs (big links to Brighton with Rosenior)
- free agents 31+
- academy products released to build a solid 23s team

The current first team squad roughly comes out at about 8m a year - with Byrne and Bielik taking up a good chunk of that (I'd expect them not to be here this season)

With a Conservative average of 24k through the door this season - there's won't be many clubs that have the income that Derby do.

Which is going to be significantly more than we spend; and by most reports, we're going to be somewhere in the 4th-6th range when it comes to League One wage bills this year.

Not saying you can't afford it - I'm sure you can on your gates.

Just saying that you might not want to plead poverty much this season, because the financial gap between the Championship and League One is colossal, and even with all your restrictions, you're still going to be outspending almost everyone!
(Unless you're playing Wednesday or Ipswich, maybe.........)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom