International News Covid-19 .....

Or the Government are being flexible and adaptable in unchartered waters?
Health first, deal with the consequences of the necessary decisions shortly after.

Kemi Badenoch is on now, eloquent and factual much like Rishi.
These new Tories could make life very difficult for the opposition.
hmmm not sure about that , after they voted yesterday to 'let the poor's children starve'?

Bloody Burnham playing politics....
If trying to look after those on 2/3 minimum wage is politics then so be it.

Is being complicit in denying staving children food 'playing politics'?

hmmm not sure about that , after they voted yesterday to 'let the poor's children starve'?

Complete bollox.
More children receive free school meals than under Labour if you look close enough.
Top link is from 2018 to explain how FSM works with UC.

Trouble is when you start giving something for free folk want more of it....

Complete bollox.
More children receive free school meals than under Labour if you look close enough.

Marcus Rashford is likely to disagree ? :rolleyes:

Complete bollox.

You forget to say... if they are getting free meals whilst at school why do they also need them during the holidays?

If trying to look after those on 2/3 minimum wage is politics then so be it.

Is being complicit in denying staving children food 'playing politics'?

I was being sarcastic with reference to previous comments.

Complete bollox.

You'll support this chap and his "nationalising" kids comment or the one on virtue signalling then:

Edit: Angela Rayner was equally moronic by creating a diversionary media story for Johnson's Govt and the right wing media to use.

Last edited:
I got free school meals as a child.
You had a little "payment book" because you were the poor kid in the class.
It gave my Mum some flexibility during the week. There were no foodbanks, there was no UC, but there was child allowance.
During the Summer holidays the money she had saved (saved - strange word) was used to feed us.

So where are the parents and their parental responsibility in this discussion rather than the multi-millionaire footballer?

Like I said if something is free folk will always want more than is available...

I got free school meals as a child.
You had a little "payment book" because you were the poor kid in the class.
It gave my Mum some flexibility during the week. There were no foodbanks, there was no UC, but there was child allowance.
During the Summer holidays the money she had saved (saved - strange word) was used to feed us.

So where are the parents and their parental responsibility in this discussion rather than the multi-millionaire footballer?

Like I said if something is free folk will always want more than is available...
All those people getting ill just so they can used the free NHS. Parasites.

I’m glad Rashford (sorry, I mean unnamed ‘celebrities on twitter’) got called out for virtue signalling, especially after he was recently recommended for a MBE by the very people he kicked in the balls. Thankfully they don’t know what virtue signalling looks like, so could never possibly indulge in it themselves. They recommended him because they liked being kicked in the balls.

Also, here’s an MP who is a trustee for Feeding Britain voting against feeding British kids. I hope she wasn’t virtue signalling by taking up her role in the first place.

92F1005E-3F81-44AE-AEE3-C22447C01DB3.jpeg
CADE24BC-49F3-4BC3-85F7-C7D1641C63CD.jpeg
D16FF8E1-9B13-4483-B3E0-6861513BEE6D.jpeg

I’m glad Rashford (sorry, I mean unnamed ‘celebrities on twitter’) got called out for virtue signalling, especially after he was recently recommended for a MBE by the very people he kicked in the balls. Thankfully they don’t know what virtue signalling looks like, so could never possibly indulge in it themselves. They recommended him because they liked being kicked in the balls.

Also, here’s an MP who is a trustee for Feeding Britain voting against feeding British kids. I hope she wasn’t virtue signalling by taking up her role in the first place.

View attachment 4847
View attachment 4848
View attachment 4849
I think Angela Rayner might have the right word to describe her.

And the memo sent from the Tory whips...
View attachment 4844
Doesn't mention that we weren't in the middle of a pandemic when Labour were in powers or that other support was available to families that has subsequently been cut to the bone or completely removed by the tories in the past ten years.

It's pathetic and shows the tories in their true light. Not the we need any further evidence.

As a local MP put it................

The Conservatives extended free school meals over the summer holiday this year because most children hadn’t been in school since March and families had been meeting the extra costs of this.
This autumn, the situation is totally different. 99% of children are back in school and have therefore been benefiting from free school meals during term as normal.
Personal responsibility matters - looking after your own family.
The Government is enabling families to budget for this through a responsive and effective welfare system, not free food.

The Conservatives extended free school meals over the summer holiday this year because most children hadn’t been in school since March and families had been meeting the extra costs of this, and because they were shamed into it by a footballer and the subsequent media coverage.

Corrected free of charge for you.

Back
Top Bottom