International News Covid-19 .....

Unfortunately a national lockdown wouldn`t work again as people are getting "Covid weary" and when they do the rules get forgotten.
Thanks for your 'expert' pronouncement. The government's own scientific advisers care to differ.

Last edited:
Thanks for your 'expert' pronouncement. The government's own scientific advisers care to differ.

Scientifically it would work, that is how scientists look at it.
In reality it didn`t work the first time (because it wasn`t hard enough) and would be even less effective the second.

Scientifically it would work, that is how scientists look at it.
In reality it didn`t work the first time (because it wasn`t hard enough) and would be even less effective the second.
..... and the alternative is to stop the NHS becoming overwhelmed?

..... and the alternative is to stop the NHS becoming overwhelmed?

My alternative would be far more severe than the current system, as it should have been the first time.
I would have closed borders, grounded all passenger flights, ferries and the like, utilised ANPR, the military and every available resource to enforce it..... not "educate & engage".. straight to enforce.
Hit it hard and fast and we wouldn`t be in the whack a mole fudge we are now.

People wouldn`t have liked it but hey ho it would be closer to what the scientists want. :)

My alternative would be far more severe than the current system, as it should have been the first time.
I would have closed borders, grounded all passenger flights, ferries and the like, utilised ANPR, the military and every available resource to enforce it..... not "educate & engage".. straight to enforce.
Hit it hard and fast and we wouldn`t be in the whack a mole fudge we are now.

People wouldn`t have liked it but hey ho it would be closer to what the scientists want. :)
Really!!! You love your rewriting of history don't you.
Why all the fuss?

Thousands die from Flu, thousands die from knife & gun crime yet the world is slipping into overdrive for a bit of a snuffle*!

And its creating far too much work for me!! ?

*unless you have underlying health issues or are old.

Because we're doing lockdown lite and, because we were late in locking down, it has spread far and wide. Both decisions of the government. But some on here would have you believe we're actually doing really well. Very depressing.
I remember getting both barrels from Manorlounger and others for even suggesting we did a lockdown lite in April /May.

Really!!! You love your rewriting of history don't you.

That was work related..... far too much of it.

You are @YellowTaxi and I claim my £5.

You asked for a more science driven lockdown solution and didn`t like the answer, typical cossetted liberal left winger.

I remember getting both barrels from Manorlounger and others for even suggesting we did a lockdown lite in April /May.
You sound like the “opposition” ( not Swindon ):
In favour of a lockdown lite in April/May and now against it ?

You sound like the “opposition” ( not Swindon ):
In favour of a lockdown lite in April/May and now against it ?
No that not what I said in April. Go back and see. I criticised the government for going for lockdown lite instead of the real thing. There are pages of it back then. Go back and see. On second thoughts life's too short.

No that not what I said in April. Go back and see. I criticised the government for going for lockdown lite instead of the real thing. There are pages of it back then. Go back and see. On second thoughts life's too short.
We should have gone into a strict lockdown back in March and I do believe we’ve come out to soon with the government opening schools and colleges, phasing in didn’t work and if we go into a full lockdown again then the government have to get tough and stop pandying up to parole to appease them.

18,032 people in Leicestershire have tested positive - up from 17,584 (increase 448).
9,463 (increase of 176) were within the Leicester City Council area.
8,569 (increase of 272) cases were reported in the County.

Deaths are up to 466 - several of those are "catch up" numbers that were awaiting authorisation.

For the conspiracy theorists amongst us i do ask this: What is the age of those being hospitalised? Is hospitalisation genuinely causated to age?

My concern is that if you are 75+ and covid positive you aren't hospitalised because you are DNR.

Hopefully the stats prove different.

Back
Top Bottom