International News Covid-19 .....

Why was it confusing Sarge? If you’ve filed tax returns for the last three years, you are wholly self-employed, you are up to date with your filings, and your profits average less than £50k per year over the period hmrc contact you and then pay you direct. You won’t need to do anything your end . Except wait.

Congratulations for filing your 19/20 tax return so quickly Almost a world record

Mrs pompeyyellows did hers last night to, she does every year at the earliest opportunity.

Cor, look at us ‘ramping up’ our efforts. I thought we were ‘ramping up’ production anyway? Is there anything that we haven’t been ‘ramping up’?

We really are the best at it.
That‘s a bit unfair Tim... It might be relatively straight forward for us given what we do, but there was a barrage of information coming through at once. I am not sure about you but my phone line was red hot for a good 7 days or so with anxious clients seeking reassurance and clarification on how all this was going to work.

Fair enough. You make a good point. However the self -employed who qualify for the grant can still continue to work and earn. If they can of course .

Yes, it’s been very busy here. There are a lot of very worried businesses. Most are acting calmly and sensibly from what we are experiencing.

Some perspective on the EU Ventilator Scheme that had some heat and light over the past few weeks:

I am glad that we went our own way and weren't solely reliant on the EU and it's bureaucracy for new ventilators, etc.
An absolutely sound point. And if the government had argued along these lines at the time it would have shown how well they understood the situation and how that understanding informed their actions. Any evidence of this?

An absolutely sound point. And if the government had argued along these lines at the time it would have shown how well they understood the situation and how that understanding informed their actions. Any evidence of this?
I have no idea. My only recollection is lots of people getting really angry, and at that point it, I switched off from reading any stories about it.

Another positive (depending on your POV) seems to be that if we had been in the scheme, we'd have to share our capacity that is coming online shortly, while now, at least we can first work on our capacity, and then share afterwards our surplus.

You are being pedantic.

Order, demand, instruction, advice, request........ whatever you want to call it, it all amounts to the same.
Robert Jenrick urged to explain visit to parents during lockdown

We all know what we need to do to avoid the spread of the virus.

Really no need to get yourself in a kerfuffle.
Jenrick clearly understands. ?
Should be sacked.
Robert Jenrick urged to explain visit to parents during lockdown

980 deaths in Britain over the last 24 hours.

I believe that's the worst reported single day figure for any country in the world other than the US. (although China probably suffered worse, they just didn't report the real figures).

There's now likely no chance that Britain avoids Italy/Spain numbers - what's happening there is exactly the trajectory that the crisis is going to take in the UK as well.

Bloody hell that's good of him. About a month too late though. I'm sure I remember him saying the front line staff had all the equipment they needed.

Screenshot_20200410_180635_bbc.mobile.news.uk.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200410_180635_bbc.mobile.news.uk.jpg
    Screenshot_20200410_180635_bbc.mobile.news.uk.jpg
    682.4 KB · Views: 7
Out of interest, why haven’t the UK shut out borders yet?!
It’s ridiculous. Loads of flights coming in daily from the worst hit regions in the world, and zero checks even in terms of where people are going let alone where they’ve been. Even countries like Botswana make you fill out forms so they can trace and track you. That we have a totally open border is nothing short of shambolic. It’s absolutely indefensible, but plenty still try and will never admit that anything on any level was handled badly, let alone catastrophically.

Back
Top Bottom