International News Covid-19 .....

It’s ridiculous. Loads of flights coming in daily from the worst hit regions in the world, and zero checks even in terms of where people are going let alone where they’ve been. Even countries like Botswana make you fill out forms so they can trace and track you. That we have a totally open border is nothing short of shambolic. It’s absolutely indefensible, but plenty still try and will never admit that anything on any level was handled badly, let alone catastrophically.
noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo..... Bojo n co 'took back control' of our borders when he 'got brext done' ... theyre 'ours' and if Bojo n co decide no tests its what the people voted for.... isnt it? ? :oops::rolleyes:

980 deaths in Britain over the last 24 hours.

I believe that's the worst reported single day figure for any country in the world other than the US. (although China probably suffered worse, they just didn't report the real figures).

Nup. The bloody French have pipped us with 987.

Because we're operating a scientifically driven measured response, which takes into account individual freedom to transmit the virus. :)

How does Kenny Dalglish get tested positive when he doesn’t show any symptoms when carers don’t get tested at all?

Because we're operating a scientifically driven measured response, which takes into account individual freedom to transmit disease if you are wedged up.

I have no idea. My only recollection is lots of people getting really angry, and at that point it, I switched off from reading any stories about it.

Another positive (depending on your POV) seems to be that if we had been in the scheme, we'd have to share our capacity that is coming online shortly, while now, at least we can first work on our capacity, and then share afterwards our surplus.

Again if the government had said that was the reason, it would be fine. But they didn’t.

If they made an error, which turns out to have worked out, it doesn’t make it a good decision. Trying to twist everything so it makes the side you support look good is no way to live your life.

The French include deaths in care homes. We only give hospital deaths. So almost certainly not.

I think the ONS numbers include care homes and those at home etc. The problem is it will be a little while before they are available.

Also, I may be wrong but today's number includes those who died previous to the last 24 hours but got recorded in that period.

I think it's been repeated enough on here.
e.g.
- Earlier lockdown. Many were calling for it.
-Cheltenhan festival, Liverpool v Atletico, Stereophonic gig shouldn't have been allowed AFTER the WHO had declared Covid-19 a pandemic.
- we should have used January and February to proactively look to produce/procure the equipment the NHS were going to need. We could see what was happening in Italy.
- clearer messenging (ad infinitum above)

I'm sure others can add to this list.

It's what you call good government (or would have been!)

The government can not say they were not warned about any of these things.

It's all too late now which is why I am so p1zz off with this government and their daily blame game lie-fest.

An incompetence government. That's a new one on me.
Is that all you have? Playing the man not the ball?

Where are all those defenders of the government's actions?

PS you should have seen my first draft! Dyslexia if you must ask.

Back
Top Bottom