International News Covid-19 .....

That would be fine............. there was plenty of space.

Oxford cases are around 315 per 100k, so the odds were starkly lower than you suggest.

Would be nearer 17 potential cases based on 5,500 folk.
I said in England.

Hold on to your hats folks.............................. we are back to Page 1 and more work....

Delta sub-lineage AY.4.2 designated as a Variant Under Investigation by UK Health Security Agency

The Delta variant sub-lineage known as Delta AY.4.2 was designated a Variant Under Investigation (VUI) by the UK Health Security Agency (UKHSA) on 20 October 2021 and has been given the official name VUI-21OCT-01.

The designation was made on the basis that this sub-lineage has become increasingly common in the UK in recent months, and there is some early evidence that it may have an increased growth rate in the UK compared to Delta. More evidence is needed to know whether this is due to changes in the virus’ behaviour or to epidemiological conditions.

The genome of VUI-21OCT-01 does not have many mutations compared to Delta. However, a small change may be enough to cause a difference in the virus properties in some circumstances. UKHSA is monitoring this closely.

The original Delta variant remains overwhelmingly dominant in the UK, making up approximately 99.8% of all cases. As of 20 October, there were 15,120 cases of VUI-21OCT-01 confirmed by whole genome sequences in England since it was first detected in July. In the last week, VUI-21OCT-01 accounted for approximately 6% of all Delta cases. Cases have been confirmed through whole genome sequencing in all 9 regions of England.

Good to know our Govt is taking action to limit the spread early....

One in 55 estimated to have Covid in England

Ok it's only an average but based on this 104 people at Tuesday's game had covid.

I said in England.

Might need to reconsider the career in statistics if you apply a NATIONAL average to a small event in Oxford. 🤷‍♀️ :)

263 covid related deaths in a single day and still nothing to worry about.

Tell me, when should I start worrying?

263 covid related deaths in a single day and still nothing to worry about.

Tell me, when should I start worrying?

1500 people die every day normally.

We are going back to the increasing 28 day "deadpool".

Then factor in the number of cases and the proportionality of deaths.

When we were on 40k or so cases back in Dec 2020 deaths were nearer 1,000 so 700 fewer people are dying.

Hands - face - space - jabs will see us through. :)

Had an NHS text today telling me I could book the booster jab. Online system has apparently not caught up with that yet as it wouldn't let me!
Booked in for my booster jab tomorrow morning!

I've heard that the booster will only be given when at least six months and one week has passed since the previous jab. Not sure if that's the case or not, but fits in with when I couldn't, and then could, book it.

Apart from Rees mogg all the tory front bench are now wearing masks in the commons. its now do as I do not do as I say. Is
the message changing in preparation for a more sensible approach. ?

Booked in for my booster jab tomorrow morning!

I've heard that the booster will only be given when at least six months and one week has passed since the previous jab. Not sure if that's the case or not, but fits in with when I couldn't, and then could, book it.
That’s right when using the NHS booking site if you’ve not been contacted directly by Doctors/NHS beforehand to book the booster. You can have it a 6mth anniversary if you’ve been contacted.

Last edited:
Apart from Rees mogg all the tory front bench are now wearing masks in the commons. its now do as I do not do as I say. Is
the message changing in preparation for a more sensible approach. ?
I think they’re only wearing them now as they were getting hammered by the newspapers. They don’t want to be seen as the one that doesn’t practice what they preach.

I have booster next week, 6 months and 1 week today since last jab, avoiding the kassam as the local pharmacy are able to provide it
Daughter having the flu in one arm and booster in the other on sunday

Numbers update...............

All very similar.
Still persistent numbers of cases, still persistent levels of hospitilsations (80%+ not vaccinated, still persistent number of deaths.

Hands - Face - Space - Get a jab!!

JVT on BBC this morning is telling it straight.

Me again............ just numbers.

Community positive cases (City-daily) around 220.
12 new positive arrivals per day (roughly 5% of cases)
121 inpatients (or 10 days worth if you like)
12 on mechanical ventilation. (1 days worth)
1 or 2 deaths.

Potential of a post Diwali/Bonfire night spike but otherwise steady.

Backlog of other work - massive.

In European news it seems "unlocking" earlier and avoiding a Winter surge may just have worked....

Be just a "sniffle" by 2022*

*tips hat to Page 1.

1 or 2 deaths.

In European news it seems "unlocking" earlier and avoiding a Winter surge may just have worked....

*tips hat to Page 1.

Had just read this and was about to post the link.

Will be interesting to see how this develops.

1 or 2 deaths.

*tips hat to Page 1.

Might be the effect of the 3rd vaccine jab as I think Europe was behind early on and it may be an increase along the lines we've had with waning protection.

Back
Top Bottom