International News Covid-19 .....

I’ve just returned from a holiday in a country where masks were mandatory OUTSIDE as well as inside. Travelling around, I’d say there was about 95% compliance. The majority of the 5% were young men. There were 29 infections per 100k people last week.

I hope she 'mispoke' and meant 'deaths from covid' and not 'catch covid'.

But I'm not even sure that is correct.

Cast your mind back to about page 10.

We were testing the very poorly in patients with the limited amount of testing capacity that was around at the time.
That didn`t include care home to hospital transactions and vice versa..

Cast your mind back to about page 10.

We were testing the very poorly in patients with the limited amount of testing capacity that was around at the time.
That didn`t include care home to hospital transactions and vice versa..

Ah, but this Govt said there was a ring of steel around the Care Homes. Are you saying they were lying as they didn't have the means when they made that statement?

Ah, but this Govt said there was a ring of steel around the Care Homes. Are you saying they were lying as they didn't have the means when they made that statement?

Depends on when it was said and in what context.
Did they want to do it? Yes.
Could it be done? Yes. However that would mean folk waiting at both ends for testing, and that would have been an immense blockage.
Were mistakes made? Yes.
Was that intentional? No.
Was it caused by lack of knowledge, lack of resource,s or blind panic? Bit of all and a bit more.

Depends on when it was said and in what context.
Did they want to do it? Yes.
Could it be done? Yes. However that would mean folk waiting at both ends for testing, and that would have been an immense blockage.
Were mistakes made? Yes.
Was that intentional? No.
Was it caused by lack of knowledge, lack of resource,s or blind panic? Bit of all and a bit more.

If could have been done but they decided not to then the Govt shouldn't have claimed it had a "protective ring" around Care Homes, sounds like a lie to me.

Matt Hancock actually called it a "protective ring" (not ring of steel which the National Care Forum used) around Care Homes in interviews and at least 1 Press Conference, this was pushed by other Govt Ministers/Representatives in interviews as well, when it was clearly wasn't the case so from my understanding of the definition of lying that is lying.

Here's an idea. Stop listening to politicians, soundbites and anecdotal references. Start taking personal responsibility and doing what is right as is determined by those who do this stuff for a living.
I walk past people every day, from a safe distance, who don't seem to understand that wearing a mask and keeping a distance could save a life. I am sick and tired of lazy people not taking responsibility for themselves. It's not difficult. Google, how to protect myself and others from covid.

Here's an idea. Stop listening to politicians, soundbites and anecdotal references. Start taking personal responsibility and doing what is right as is determined by those who do this stuff for a living.
I walk past people every day, from a safe distance, who don't seem to understand that wearing a mask and keeping a distance could save a life. I am sick and tired of lazy people not taking responsibility for themselves. It's not difficult. Google, how to protect myself and others from covid.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ this.

Whilst I agree, sadly many don't or don't care and it isn't easy to avoid all situations as much as you can try to mitigate.

Well, at least we know the government isn't in the pockets of the mask manufacturers.

Madness on the party of the government. 😡

BBC News - Covid: Doctors criticise ministers over new rules refusal
You would have thought the government would have learnt with the late shielding and restrictions in the past 20 months. You would have thought they would be up with this and acting now.

It could be argued that the Government have already started Plan B...... well Plan B a.

Relying on people being socially responsible eh?

Time to launch Plan B?
  • a. Communicating clearly and urgently to the public that the level of risk has increased, and with it the need to behave more cautiously.
  • b. Introducing mandatory vaccine-only COVID-status certification in certain settings.
  • c. Legally mandating face coverings in certain settings.

Being jabbed should not change your behaviour.... Hands - Face - Space.

And the 2021 "No s**t Sherlock" Award goes to.....

The World Health Organisation👏👏👏👏👏

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-58973697

Nobody is safe until we're all safe (well, an overwehlming majority of the 7.9 billion of us at least)

The worst part about the whole thing is this paragraph from the PVA report.

"At least 100 million vaccine doses could go unused and expire in G7 countries in 2021, and the number of wasted doses could reach up to 241 million.Furthermore, based on their current donation pledges, the number of wasted doses could rise to 800 million by mid-2022 due to the expiration"

:rolleyes:

The worst part about the whole thing is this paragraph from the PVA report.

"At least 100 million vaccine doses could go unused and expire in G7 countries in 2021, and the number of wasted doses could reach up to 241 million.Furthermore, based on their current donation pledges, the number of wasted doses could rise to 800 million by mid-2022 due to the expiration"

:rolleyes:
Shocking isn't it. I do wish Bojo had listened to Gordon Brown when he called on him to convene an urgent G7 summit to discuss this very issue last month. He also pointed out that Europe was raiding Africa's limited vaccine supplies by taking stocks from a South African production facility.

No excuse for that given the size of the stockpile we currently sit on.

Seems it was "only temporary" and it was exported to the EU, so our moral outrage can wait until we know where our 20million doses are being bottled....

Seems it was "only temporary" and it was exported to the EU, so our moral outrage can wait until we know where our 20million doses are being bottled....

And some people say globalisation is a good thing.............

There are an awful lot of "confidentiality" quotes in that report as well.

Globalisation without regulation and in a moral vacuum....because profits are king in this particularly pernicious variety of globalisation.

Also worth noting that the UK and Canada have been singled out for criticism for sourcing vaccines from the COVAX programme, which was designed to ensure poorer countries could access vaccine supplies. Over half a million in our case - nearly a million for Canada.

Pretty shameful for two G7 nations.

We are also a very long way behind other developed nations on number of vaccine promised for developing countries, compared to that delivered

Back
Top Bottom